Checking in daily to maintain focus #34

Thanks just going to meetings doing what was right and it worked

12 Likes

Aww that’s so kind of you :heart:

3 Likes

Day 4! I decided to face my anxiety head on and went home last night, sometimes you just need to drive 3 hours lol. I was really nervous about what I would do when I got there. I am so proud of myself, I moved all of the alcohol down to the basement hoping out of sight out of mind. So into day 5 I go with a little less anxiety.

14 Likes

Hey everyone just checking in day two. Been using my exercise bike a little bit lately and feeling pretty good. I’ve been trying these new ashwanganda pills which actually seem to be helping me with a lot of my stress, and anxiety.

19 Likes

Wow Oliva!!!

Congrats on your one full year of freedom, you have battled those milestone temptations like a champion. So happy to see you claiming your life back.
:heart::partying_face::heart::partying_face::heart::partying_face::heart::partying_face::heart::partying_face:
ZcKDWNzkQ9tOsV9LXp

8 Likes

Hey if you have the time why don’t you join us on the yoga challenge for October. Having those few peaceful minutes in the morning always have helped me with my anxiety for the day.

Yoga for October! Yoctober anyone?

4 Likes

Haha, thank you! I love this!!! :star_struck::unicorn:

3 Likes

Checking in substance free for…

As I left the house yesterday to open my homegroup I was raging. During the first 5 months of my recovery the chance of relapse last night would definitely have been an 8/10. If I use the tools I have to gauge where my mind and body were at I can clearly see I was walking on thin ice.

Was I …
Hungry :white_check_mark:
Angry :white_check_mark:
Lonely :negative_squared_cross_mark:
Tired :white_check_mark:

In the moment I had no other option but to get my ass to my homegroup because I had the key. Strangely enough none of my homegroup members showed up until 7 pm (when the meeting starts) forcing me to spend time with myself in a spiritual environment. Then as usual my higher power (in this case the program of NA) gave me the opportunity to chair the meeting, shut my bitchy mouth, be humble and listen. They say “Service keeps you clean”, I am proof of that today. I am not surprised I feel better today either.

I haven’t been on top of my game this last week but it’s Friday so I have made it to the weekend and I am still clean. That simple fact that I am clean means I fucking won.

Have a super Friday everyone.
:pray::heart::pray:

31 Likes

Congratulations to you my dear friend.
I baked you a special cake.

I’m so happy for you.
:pray:t2::heart:

7 Likes

Good job Rob on quitting the cigs. It is hard. I’ve posted this before. It worked for me. Maybe you’ve seen it. Nicotine is out of your system after a week I believe. The rest is habit. Good luck.

6 Likes

Yes and Amen and a Goddamned Yes to that friend!

10 Likes

You got this.it’ll pass. We’re here for you.:fist:t4:

2 Likes

Love the selfie, you look serene.
Have fun tomorrow!!!

3 Likes

Way to go Ray!!

:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

Oh Lordy, I made it through the night with such a painful migraine and haven’t been tempted to drink to oblivion that badly in a while. In tears! But I didn’t drink and I won’t drink today. The migraine hangover feeling is awful, but I know that alcohol would have made it ten times worse. I really hope my doctor and I can come up with a new plan, possibly an elimination diet. That’s one of the few strategies I have yet to try other than different/heavier meds. My mother-in-law resolved her migraines by switching to a gluten free vegan diet. Sigh. I’m still feeling low this morning and quite nauseous but the pain is easing. @Dazercat your post on the gratitude thread helped, thank you for that. Hope your pain eases soon. We can get through all kinds of challenges sober, and better off for it.

17 Likes

Huge congrats, Olivia! :partying_face::purple_heart:

2 Likes

Congratulations on 25 days, Mike! :partying_face::purple_heart:

Thanks Eric! I’m still on the patch and for some reason today’s the hardest so far.

3 Likes

Good luck tomorrow!! I’ll check and see if theres a site I can track you on.

@Fury have a great time in California :blush:
@MagicILY congrats on 60 days :tada:
@TripnMN welcome :slightly_smiling_face: congrats on 43 days :tada:
@Its_me_Stella thank you :blue_heart: and yes you fkin did win :clap:t2:
@Hopeful777 thank you :blue_heart: nice job on getting through the week and reaching out to meet up with a friend :blush:
@Misokatsu that’s great progress :raised_hands:t2: congrats :tada:
@Olivia congrats on your year :tada::star2::trophy:
@Dmcg1987 congrats on double digits :tada:
@icebear sending strength :blue_heart:
@Dansig congrats on passing your exams and finding new ways to celebrate :tada:

5 Likes