Checking in daily to maintain focus #51

Love the plan, right on target

2 Likes

Passed by a parked cop car last night without moving to the outside lane. Didn’t feel safe to do so with other cars around me. The cops pulled me over for a Scott’s Law citation. Too many injuries and deaths from officers being hit while pulled over to the side of the road. So they’re cracking down on that.

Anyways, they take that violation very seriously. I have to appear in court. But I got a lawyer and we’re going to fight it.

Day 109.

15 Likes

That makes me so sad :cry::cry::cry:
Wish You Strength my friend.
Sincerest sympathy…

3 Likes

Checking in
Day 345 clean and sober
Buay day today. Hubby stayed home from work and took us out for lunch at Smittys. It was sooo nice. Even though our son cant eat or drink anything by mouth, he enjoyed playing tic tac toe with me, coloring, stacking creamers lol, and watching the fish in the fish tank at the restaurant. He just loves sitting in the booth with me instead of being in his wheelchair :slight_smile: i had a moment when I was reading over the kid menu (they initally brought us one without knowing that my son is strictly formula fed), and it made me wish that he could enjoy food with us. He hasnt eaten by mouth since the age of 2. Started tearing up a bit but i realize that its just grief of what i wish things could be for him. He did get spoiled today tho with new Minecraft clothes and a toy from Walmart. He loved that!
My eating has been awful for the past 3 days. I have exercised but i basically feel like i ruin all my hard work in the gym by eating crappy. Got to revamp my plan and get back on track.
I get paid tomorrow so excited for that. Im sticking to my financial plan to pay off my credit card/overdraft this year. Will make my first payment tomorrow! Plan a little something for valentines day coming up. Not sure what yet.
I guess thats it for now. Hope everyone is having an addiction free day.
@soberwalker i hope ur managaing okay… hugs :heartpulse:
:butterfly:

25 Likes

Yes they are amazing. I think that most people who go through treatment do them but those of us who havent been through treatment may not know about them. Like anything else though they will only work if we put action to them, they are not magic. A great tip I got was to go over my plan with the people who I listed on it so they knew who else was on my list and what my steps to getting through those tough moments were. Its helpful and keeps us accountable when others are in on our plan.

4 Likes

Im sorry to hear that. Looking back now I am sure you can learn a lot from that situation though. Self care, I mean real self care; making sure we get enough sleep, are eating well, taking our medication properly, are getting fresh air and exercise are all imperative parts to succeeding in our journey. We are battling a beast that lives inside us and if we are not in top form everyday in all ways we leave ourselves vulnerable. Of course there are times when we get sick and that vulnerability is inevitable but the less we cause it ourselves the better.

You said you were tired the day before you relapsed. I am not sure if you have heard the term H.A.L.T? But these situations make addicts vulnerable to feelings which we love to avoid by getting high. So does PMS… here are a couple of threads that might be helpful to your journey, they have been to mine.

H.ungry A.ngry L.onely T.ired

Women’s hormonal roller-coaster

5 Likes

Wow, what a difference in you. :heart:

3 Likes

@SoberWalker So sorry to hear about Buts. I’ll say a prayer for both of you. :pray:

Day 30
Back again to one month. Not in a celebrating mood though. I’ve been thinking about drinking since Friday afternoon. I’m still sober, I just hate that the thoughts are constant. Saw my case mgr this morning. No good news. My housing assistance is being cut off the 1st of March, 5 months early, because of my relapsing. And I forgot my appt with my job placement coach.
And I been thinking about my father lately. He was a hardworking, unselfish man. He was trying to fix the house and make it livable while working 40 hrs a week and he never once complained. He died alone and no one ever once said Thank You for his hard work. I think about him sometimes and I realize I deserve to be miserable.
So tomorrow I got my breathing test in Lawrence. My ride called to warn me she might get snowed in tonight (she lives in the boonies). Even if I make it, I’ll have to camp overnight and come back Thurs morning. Actually looking forward to camping; might do some good.
Have a good sober night, all! :v:

16 Likes

Just had one of those great days where everything falls into place just want to encourage everyone to triumph through those obstacles because everything good is right around the corner stay strong keep chasing those dreams

10 Likes

Awe thanks!! I totally forgot about how paydays use to be a huge source of anxiety in me due to being triggered to use drugs. But paydays havent bothered me in a long time! Thank u for the reminder!

6 Likes

17 Likes

Checking it at 9 days. I surprisingly don’t have that much of a craving for alcohol and I didn’t really experience withdrawals. I’m filling my evenings with going to the gym but I’m finding myself bored with all the extra time I have on my hands now. :confused:

15 Likes

Checking in day 142! Almost forgot to check in, but I love doing this for accountability. Had a wild day at work- my Tuesday’s are going to be jam packed from here on out. But you know what? I enjoyed it! Then I went and had dinner with my sister, brother, and sister in law. They were really supporting me in my break up and we had a great time. Hope you all enjoyed your sober Tuesday!

21 Likes

Day 15. My state has introduced heinous legislative bills detrimental to the LGBTQIA+ community. My whole evening has been spent in rallying supporters, planning activism and advocacy. I am not OK. My kid will not be OK, as a resident of this state. I may soon be a felon for standing for his rights to live his truth.

20 Likes

Checking in on day 105!! Today was a good day. Everyday stay strong. :heart_hands:

16 Likes

Day 12, doing pretty good so far. Urges have been few and far between. Being busy is proving to be the best method of prevention. Debating on going to my school’s therapy but I dunno about that. It’s free which is good but I’m inherently wary of the quality that comes with the label ‘free’ save that it comes from a friend

17 Likes

Well I’m on my night shifts at the moment, 5 days deep sober feeling good about that, trying to stay focused trying again, feel bad to have to keep resetting, but at least I’m trying, Hooe all doing well :muscle:

15 Likes

Courage everyone, another day another opportunity to defeat our worst habits called addiction.

13 Likes

Have as good a day as you all can friends. Love.

23 Likes

2 weeks and so grateful my sleep routine is nearly there, the workouts i have been doing have really helped with that.

19 Likes