Checking in daily to maintain focus #70

Day 967 Evening Check in
Hey everyone! Today wasnt too bad honestly. Did my morning prayer and readings first thing. Had a good workout. Ate well. Did some tidying up. Made supper. And will do some self care once my son is asleep. I feel okay-ish. It feels like my anxiety is still there, but just muted. Its no overpowering which I am thankful for. So much great advice/suggestions has been given to me on here the past couple days. Im so grateful for everyones help.
Really hoping everyone is doing okay today and doing well in recovery. Much love to my TS fam
:butterfly:

21 Likes

Way to go @Lizziebeth for staying true to recovery! That voice does get quieter overtime. Im excited for u tmrw! Thats a huge milestone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations on 6 months
IMG_1371

5 Likes

223 days sober. I am dealing with some major knee pain. Slept all day. First time in bed all day since sober. Tonight pain is subsiding and walking without crutches. I sat here about 2 hours and got caught up on reading all your posts. Ran out of likes an hour ago. :hugs:

21 Likes

I have these weird nights lately. Iā€™m used to wake a number of times at night but the waking up has become (much) more frequent lately. Feels like Iā€™m awake ten times a night now (which is probably exaggerated). And loads of dreams, pretty wild ones (as dreams go) although no nightmares but they still leave me feeling disconcerted when I wake up. Well, I do feel rested OK again this morning. Letā€™s take it as it comes. One day at a time.

Experience work day today and tomorrow. Thatā€™s good. Iā€™m going to have as good a day as I can and expect the same from you friends. Sober and clean or nothing would come of it. Love.

Lots of positive check ins this early morning. Great to read. A special congrats to @justKaitlin for her wedding (thanks for sharing, what a beautiful radiant bride you make!). And a big hug to @Pamela. Glad youā€™re here with us. Itā€™s one day at a time for all of us but the days will get better. And easier. :people_hugging:

20 Likes

Day 1087 AF

Wud up, gang.

Made it 6 days without coffee and caved in today. Felt like shit this morning, I had to! :sob:
Iā€™ll keep trying. At least try to moderate and not drink 3-5 cups a day.

Anyway, today was my day off. Hung out with the wife and went for a walk. It was a chill day. Picked up the kids from school. Took the little man to the playground and just hanging out at the apartment right now. Gonna catch up here and then watch a show.

I donā€™t think I could relapse. Anytime I have drinking thoughts, I think about my drunken self, and all those fucked up days/nights. Thatā€™s what stops me froming picking up the bottle again. The shame, the embarrassment, depression, regrets, arguments, etc. Why would I want to start over again? I am not sure what I am capable of if I was under the influence. It scares me. Glad Iā€™m sober. Gotta do this for myself, my wife, and my kiddos.

Much love to yā€™all. Keep pushing. Stay strong. ODAAT :heart:

24 Likes

I hope you get some rest. Man, Iā€™ve had the weirdest dreams as of late. Dreams of my elementary school friends. I havenā€™t seen these folks in ages. I totally forgot about them, to be honest. Felt like I time traveled for a second. I better check my meds.

7 Likes

@tailee17 Sorry about your knee pain. Feel better.
@justKaitlin Congrats on triple digits and your wedding!
@Vanessa8 Congrats on your 6 months!
@Pamela Congrats on 2 days. Sorry about your relapse. Find the strength.
@Just_Laura I feel u on your financial situation. Hope you get things resolved with your insurance. Money has been tight these days.

7 Likes

79 days sober and Iā€™ve lost weight and feel so much better than I have in a long time. More good days than bad so far.

18 Likes

@Vanessa8 Nice job on 6 months :tada: Keep up the great work!
@justKaitlin Congratulations on your marriage :tada: So happy for you! Glad you had such a great time at your wedding! You look beautiful :heart:

I completely relate to thisā€¦still. Idk how, but I always kept track of everything and got it all done while drinking. Now thereā€™s issues (ie: Iā€™m never on time for anything, I forget important things(bills/scheduling appts/etc), and procrastination!) If I had to make an important phone call, I just made it. Now thereā€™s too much thinking involved. Itā€™s like my brain worked better slow. Plus I had this ā€˜needā€™ to appear normal and put together so no one could tell what I really was. Nonetheless, I love the person Iā€™ve become sober :relieved: Iā€™d rather be this, apparently not put together version of myself any day, instead of the shell of a person who could remember to pay bills. Always gonna be a work in progress :sparkles: And thatā€™s okay.

Nice round number :smiling_face: After cleaning in circles around my pile of papers, I finally made the call. The woman I talked to 6 months ago seemed adamant this situation was out of their hands and I had to deal with a consumer report agency. The report gave me no more information than I already had. The helpful lady today sounded like this issue should be easily resolved bc this claim was already dismissed(Although, it makes me wonder what really happened here). Now Iā€™m waiting for a callback from a claim adjustment advisor sometime by the end of day tomorrow. Hoping itā€™s good news :pray: Itā€™s late now. Better rest up so I can wait around for this phone call :sweat_smile: Goodnight!

28 Likes

@Just_Laura Congrats to 600!!!

7 Likes

Congratulations @Just_Laura !!

10 Likes

311 days
Gym in the morning then a quiet day. Had a little nap and now Iā€™m back at work for my first regular shift in a while. So only have tonight and tomorrow night then back on days off till Monday. Not a bad way to ease back into it

19 Likes

@Just_Laura Niiiiice number there :tada: Fingers crossed this bs financial situation resolves itself soon :crossed_fingers:
@Dan.h84 Good to see sobriety is treating you well :smile:
@Mno Hope you get to have some quieter nights soon.
@tailee17 Ah, knee pain sucks. Hope this goes away soon :people_hugging:
@Lizziebeth Good job on not caving to this addict voice in your head :+1:
@Mira_D 2hrs commute sounds hard. Iā€™d go crazy having to sit for so long in a car.
@SoberSassy Glad to hear you are healing :heart: And thanks for the pictures. I love water :ocean:
@justKaitlin Congratulations friend! What a beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing with us. And sooooo glad to hear you got to have a sober wedding with all those memories for you :heart_eyes:
@Pamela Great job on getting through two days. These first days are the worst. Hold on, keep moving in the right direction and - if you donā€™t already have one - take a look on recovery programs and meetings.
@Jesile Iā€™m with you on the ice baths. Nutters :crazy_face:

321 sugar
185 UPF
59 gluten
59 dairy

My daughterā€™s migraine is still there. The pain has lessened. Thatā€™s good. I hope she will feel better soon. Poor thing.
I am having a headache too, but not such a debilitating one.
I did some groceries, will work on my game. I hope to find the energy to do some yoga or a short bodyweight workout in the afternoon.
My ex wants to have a talk today. I am not sure I am up to it. Just exhausted.

Todayā€™s picture is a canal in Gent, Belgium last yearā€™s spring.

Whatever comes today, I will go for peace and love for life :lotus:

21 Likes

@Juli1 Are you sure you are not some kind of seal? :seal: Or some other sea dwelling creature? :dolphin:
@PositiveThoughts Great job on getting back on the pony right away. You might want to find out what led to your relapse. It usually is not the imediate situation but something that has been building up before.
@Refreshedperspective Sending you strenght friend. Your life situation does sound like a lot. Good to hear you are taking care of basic self care. Do you have nice people in your life?
@Vanessa8 Congrats on half a year. That is some commitment :partying_face: Sorry about the partner situation. That is a tough one. Vent if you need. We are here for you :mending_heart:

8 Likes

@tailee17 hoping that your knee feels better today :pray:t4:
@mno funny how sometimes we get so little sleep and wake up refreshed. Other times I sleep like the dead and wake up a zombie. Not sure what our bodies / minds go through at night. Glad you didnā€™t have nightmares. Hope you have a wonderful day
@Dan.h84 congratulations on your sober time and that you are seeing the benefits. Keep up the great work :muscle:t4:
@Just_Laura totally relate - think we were better put together drunk / high cause we were working over time trying to be ā€œnormalā€. We didnā€™t want to feel like our DOC was a hindrance. The hell we put out bodies and minds through. Glad we are allowing ourselves to heal and recover now. I am glad you talked with a more capable and sympathetic person today. I do hope this issue gets resolved quickly :pray:t4:. Congratulations on your 600 days :confetti_ball::muscle:t4:

8 Likes

Happy Tuesday!

Had to turn the heat on in the house this morning. Tad bit cool here in Chicagoland.

Day 2/30 of no caffeine. So far so good.

Make it an awesome day my friends!!

21 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1577. I hope everybody has a good one :slightly_smiling_face:

18 Likes

Good morning fellow travelers! Enjoying the sound of snoring pups as I begin the day sipping coffee and checking in. Daughter will be here at 6 to work out, which weā€™ve been doing 2-3x/week for about as long as Iā€™ve been sober, 54 days. Iā€™d rather stay snuggled in this chair but love feeling stronger. I want to stay mobile and active so I donā€™t have to use too much of the Medicare I became eligible for this year! Still feeling like my brain is scrambled. Good brain chemicals are in the toilet. Trying to be intentional about getting morning and evening red light, doing vagus nerve exercises. Time with grands helps. Looking forward to a 6yr old sleep over tonight and trip to the zoo tomorrow morning. Coolest day here since last spring so jumping the gun and making chili tonight. Low 80ā€™s today :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Ridiculous but Iā€™ll take it! Blessings on your day friends. If you search for beauty, youā€™ll find it :purple_heart:

18 Likes

Day 16 without booze. Getting back there.

22 Likes