Daily check ins #1

I’ve seen a lot of people do this, I want to hold myself accountable. I have another post about just receiving my DWI court date…trying to reach out on here as much as possible. My anxiety is at an all time high. Trying to focus on school and work. Overall bettering myself for me and my family.

5 Likes

Its great your reaching out, that’s hard to do, asking for help is a tough thing when were anxious, filled with shame or grief. Maybe try some meditation or grounding techniques to deal with some of the anxiety keep you in the present moment works for me when i start worrying about the past or the future.

1 Like

Thank you! That’s a good idea
I’ve been reading posts on here for an hour which has helped a little bit
Whenever I put my phone down I get anxious
Trying my hardest to stay in the moment and not think about my court date
As what will happen will happen
Thank you for the support on this post and my other one
It really means a lot

2 Likes

Its what helps me support from others gets me through when times are rough.:grinning:

1 Like

Maybe consider checking in on the below link with everyone else. Or you can keep all your check ins here so you can refer back to them later to see your progress all in the same thread. Whatever works best for you.

5 Likes

Thank you ill check it out!

1 Like

Try the free app insight timer if you like. It has loads of guided meditations in every language and all kind of breathing exercizes.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Checking in day 1

1 Like

Day 10😊 feeling good!

What i decided to keep me accountable was before bed to write three encouraging comments to people on here. :slight_smile: Thank you for sharing this thread!! How was your day today?

Today’s been an okay day, considering it’s the first day of sobriety again, I’m just taking it slow one day at a time. The relapses have been happening occasionally which just makes me feel guilty and horrible and I say I’ll stop when In actuality I know I’m gonna go back to it. However, I feel like this time is different this morning I woke up and Felton quite guilty of my relapse last night ,then I went on youtube And this Pastor form the Life’s Church outlined a battle plan, to live a fully sustainable life without this addiction, he even said he had it too, idk it just feels different from the other times like now I’ve joined a sobriety group, which is already so helpful, I haven’t really thought of going back to it today and I pray I have enough willpower to overcome it. that being said Goodnight.