Daily Gratitude List #2 (Part 1)

Today I am grateful for a healthy, hangover free morning with dogs, cats and coffee. I am grateful for the productive and pleasant Sunday I had yesterday that prepared us for a solid week. I an so thankful my son wanted to play cards yesterday and we got to share some time together. I am grateful I can go help my mom and spend some time this morning with her as our relationship continues to heal and build ā€“ never too late. She is trying and I am appreciative. I am grateful for a full fridge and that I finally got the new composter assembled so food scraps have a better place to go! I am grateful for the wireless headset that arrived yesterday that I am hopeful will make workdays 100% better and freer. Being tethered does not a happy Margaret make. I am always grateful for TS and the gratidudes and wish all a happy, happy day.

11 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to wake up at home today where the cats and dogs are. And the wife. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Although sheā€™s still in bed and grateful Iā€™m doing all the morning feeding chores and Iā€™m grateful to be able to do that.
Grateful Daisy is on my lap keeping it warm.
Grateful my coffee is strong.
Grateful last week is over and this guy is still sober.
Grateful for my home.
Grateful for my chair.
Grateful for the sober life, especially when navigating airports and flight delays and surgeries and ERā€™s. The calmness is the key.
Iā€™m grateful I always have the support of the gratidudes and TS for the surreal week I had.
Iā€™m grateful the headache I have again is probably from sugar and itā€™s not from drinking and Iā€™m grateful I feel like I got the confidence to tackle that issue really really soon.
I grateful I can walk, especially since my next test is no exercising or lifting for 10 more days :scream:
:pray:t2::heart:

Behold, I make all things new.
Revelation 21:5

12 Likes

Makes it ALL worth it doesnā€™t it?
And I think they know and love us more.

I hope ā€œuntetheredā€ :blush: Margaret has a wonderful day.

7 Likes

Iā€™m grateful I woke up alive today.

Iā€™m grateful I didnā€™t kill anyone or myself while I drove drunk last night while I was blacked out.

Iā€™m grateful my boyfriend still loves and cares about me, even though I was awful to him last night.

Iā€™m grateful that Iā€™m taking the first step into my sobriety to become the best version of myself.

Iā€™m grateful for this amazing community. :green_heart:

Iā€™m grateful for day 1 :pray:t3::raised_hands:t3:

13 Likes

Day one is soooo important

Its a sign that a lil tree was planted
Today your watering the tree so it can grow big and strong

This is a big step

Would you call yourself a addict or alcoholic or both??
It can be tricky to figure out
I myself am a addict alcoholic

The addicted mind can make excuses for anything

Staying sober wonā€™t be easy but it is worth it

9 Likes

Welcome Brittany.
This gratitude thread has been key to my success in sobriety. I never miss a day.

Have a good read around here. This community has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.
Here are two good threads to start:

8 Likes

Today I am grateful for:

• being free to take myself off to bed early in order to avoid giving in to urges.
  • another hangover free morning and feeling well enough to go for an early morning swim.
  • for being self aware enough to know that any urge to drink is simply coming from my feeling of utter tiredness that Iā€™ve had today and that giving in to that urge will not help.
  • for knowing that my tiredness is actually a really good sign that my body and brain are healing, and I just need to rest and be kind to myself.
  • for allowing myself to stay in bed a bit longer tomorrow and not get up early to exercise.
  • for feeling more connected to my fiancĆ© even though heā€™s really stressed and struggling to cope at the moment. What good would I be to him if I was drunk? None!
  • for knowing that even though im tired tonight, maybe tomorrow I will feel a little less so, and will at least be hangover free.
  • for my cat and how he tells me off when I go out and leave him. If he wakes up and Iā€™m not here, heā€™s not happy!
  • for the joy of books! Being sober has reignited my passion for reading.
  • for rainy days, and warm dry homes.
    Happy sober Monday everyone!
    :hugs::pray::hugs::pray:
12 Likes

@Dazercat Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@Noshame I am definitely an addict alcoholic. I told myself if I didnā€™t have it in the house I would be fine. Iā€™ll be ok to drink socially. However, I now binge drink socially and act like alcohol is going to run out. I never can have just a couple of drinks. Staying sober is going to be tough, as social norms always includes drinking. However, Iā€™m tired of not remembering my fun nights and feeling so much shame the next day of not remembering.

Luckily, my Partner has been sober 3 years already, so his daily support will definitely help.

Thank you :pray:t3:

9 Likes

welcome @BMF

Iā€™m grateful you joined us here on day one, congratulations.

7 Likes

@I.cant.We.can Thank you!:blush:

4 Likes

Today, just like every other day recently. I am grateful that I woke up sober.

I am grateful that I have been ā€˜savedā€™!

I am grateful for the new path I am leading.

I am grateful to be free :pray:

:grin::grin::grin:

11 Likes

Afternoon fam-dam.

Super grateful to be making this gratitude list while I sit on a lounger beside my mom under a hazy summer sky.

Grateful for all the hummingbirds buzzing around us chirping and chattering at each other.

Grateful for that massive blue heron that flew over me a few minutes ago to our woods.

Grateful our neighbourā€™s have cleaned up their shitty looking yard to sell their property.

Ahhh, I am so grateful for the yummy corn I ate from our garden!!! It is our first time planting it and it was delicious. I love eating fresh veg from the gardenā€¦

I am grateful that there are still a couple of weeks left to summer break for my daughter. I am grateful she has such a good friend group online but I am also grateful that she was willing to go back into the highschool part time to try to establish some ā€œreal lifeā€ social connections. She thrived with online classes but with being on the spectrum her social ā€œgameā€ is already a little behind.

My whole life is a gift, even the crappy days.

I just went through a few days in bed and did they ever make be grateful for all the times I have been feeling good this summer and all the cool things I have been able to do. With the illnesses I have itā€™s like a crap shoot. A flare up can last 1 day or 6 months I never know. Gratitude is super important for me, grateful I realize that.

:pray::orange_heart::pray:

15 Likes

Welcome @BMF! We are glad you are here!!!

5 Likes

@Irisees919 Thank you, glad to be here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Good morning, all.
Grateful to be clear headed and hangover free on another summer morning. Grateful for the solid sleep that I had last night. I needed it.
Grateful that I have a job that I love. Grateful that I have a job at all - particularly in the current situation. Grateful that I am not dreading going back to it after over 5 weeks off.
Grateful for my wife and family. I should never lose sight of what a blessing they are.
Grateful that adulting doesnā€™t feel so hard anymore. This time last year I was fearful of everything. I didnā€™t want to check my email or do anything of any importance.
Grateful that I can now see alcohol for what it is, and that it doesnā€™t control my life anymore.
Grateful for all of your posts.
Have a great day, all. :blue_heart:

15 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to God thank you for guiding me through another day and helping me stay clean and sober. Iā€™m grateful that I had a lovely visit with my parents today and that it got emotional and we worked through it. Iā€™m grateful that a few friends a housemate and I just had a good hang out/visit on the porch. Iā€™m grateful for the snacks I am eating now that Mom brought. Iā€™m grateful for all of the grati-dudes, new comers and long timers.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. Donā€™t forget you are a star, so, shine bright. Ya you!!

16 Likes

Awesome to read that has changed, keep it up. Thank you for sharing your journey with usā€¦also belated congratulations on 18th anniversary.

9 Likes

Good evening all,
Grateful for my dog Leo. Heā€™s such a quirky little dog, and a spaz, and the rest of the family is not as fond of him as me- but he is mine and I love him so much.
Iā€™m grateful for the rainy morning and overcast day today. Iā€™m grateful that I got a short workout in. Iā€™m grateful for the book Iā€™m listening to, and that there are much smarter and wiser than I am to guide me.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

14 Likes

@Singtone happy anniversary!
@Dazercat welcome home!
@I.cant.We.can , glad you had a good day complete with yummy snacks!
@BMF welcome- this thread is incredibly helpful, happy to see you here!

9 Likes