Daily Gratitude List #2 (Part 1)

Good evening all,
Today I’m grateful that my mother in law and kids cleaned the house- there is nothing better than coming home to a nice clean house!
I’m grateful I’ve been sleeping pretty good lately. I’m grateful for a little bit of quiet time this evening while the kids are out- and I’m grateful that they will be home in a bit.
Grateful for all of you guys!
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

8 Likes

I am grateful for making it for just 4 days. I am already sleeping better and feeling more refreshed!

13 Likes

Welcome, Mark! Glad you could join us on the gratitude thread and on the forum too! Read around and stay awhile. Coffee’s usually always on! :wink:
Congrats on your 4 days!

4 Likes

Thank you! I have been using this app for about 6 months and have made it a month here and a month there but really want to be done. Figured making friends on this forum may be just the help I need! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Welcome! Glad you decided to join in. You picked a good thread to post your first post :wink:

4 Likes

Also, posting daily (or thereabouts) on the Checking In thread really helped me with accountability at the beginning, and now it’s just part of my sober routine - bookends to a sober day. It might be of help to you too in that way - and also just to be part of a supportive community when some of the tough moments come calling…

See you around! Grateful you joined us. :relaxed: :pray:

3 Likes

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!

4 Likes

I am grateful for my sobriety
I am grateful for my husband and helping him fix the lawnmower today good quality time together
I’m grateful I have my 50 year old colonoscopy apt set for next week
I’m grateful I’m sober and want to be healthy and take care of myself!
I’m grateful for my hubby taking me out to dinner so I didn’t have to cook
I’m grateful for doing a different zoom meeting tonight meeting new sober friends
I’m grateful I’m still awake right now usually I would already be passed out
I’m grateful that I’m able to be grateful
God is good!!!

7 Likes

Welcome Mark. Glad you found us. Gratitude is one of my strongest tools for me to stay sober. I never miss a morning. It’s a great foundation to start my day. We got so much to be grateful for when we are sober.
I hope to see you around.
:pray::heart:

6 Likes

In case I haven’t mentioned it I think you going back to school is really awesome. You’re killing it.

And try and go easy on that other mom. That wasn’t you. The mom we all know you are now is a caring loving wonderful badass.
Im so proud of ya.
:pray::heart: :rose:

2 Likes

Oh and congrats on your 4 days Mark. :balloon:

1 Like

Welcome :blush::+1:

2 Likes

Grateful for weekends :+1::smiley:

8 Likes

I’m grateful to God I don’t drink.
I’m grateful to God I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful for my cat on my lap this morning.
I’m grateful to be up too early.
I’m grateful I’m still not sick from my second Moderna shot. I reckon I’m in the clear.
I’m grateful I’m done lying or sitting around for 2 days waiting to get sick. I hope I have a more productive day today.
I’m grateful for nicer weather.
I’m grateful for my quiet mornings.
I’m grateful for music and my hearing and the beautiful area I live in that I can see with my eyes. And my health.
I’m grateful I’m retired it really takes a lot of stressors away from me so I can continue my sober journey.
I’m grateful for the mani pedi I’ll finally be able to get, hopefully with my daughter, when we get to Santa Monica.
I’m grateful 2 of my 3 kids got their vaccines along with 1 DIL.
I’m grateful for this thread of gratitude.
:pray:t2::heart:

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
John F Kennedy

9 Likes

Congratulations Jenna on getting into your first choice of your masters of science program.

Can’t wait to see the cute new “Do.” :wink:
:pray:t2::heart::rose:

3 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday. I’m grateful to God please help me stay clean and sober just for today. I’m grateful for my recovery. I’m grateful that I talked to Mom to wish her a happy birthday this morning. I’m grateful my friend has Amazon prime and is willing to help me send her a gift and I can afford it. I’m grateful for TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful for the warm shower earlier that was very relieving on my sore back.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. you are are incredible. Ya you!!

9 Likes

Today I am grateful:

• that I have a new temporary long distance sponsor/accountability buddy who I have talked about before on the forum. She’s a former coworker and is an energy worker and coach with 12 years of continuous sobriety. She and I became friends and have stayed connected, and I am so so grateful she has made herself available to me via text, phone and video chat. We have been connecting regarding my recovery journey since last autumn, but we are going to deepen that connection. Amazing what people will offer of themselves in service to another person in recovery. Just love her to bits, too! This will be the extra armor I need now when I am feeling a bit vulnerable.
  • that I am managing insomnia fairly well compared to how I used to experience it when I was drinking. Sure, I haven’t been sleeping well, but I feel pretty okay still. Amazing!
  • that I have the energy to get caught up with housework to get ready for a rainy, relaxed weekend inside.

Grateful as always to my TS amigos! Have a strong, sober weekend.

8 Likes

That’s all good news. But most interesting of course is: your new cutieee haircut :grin::blush:

4 Likes

Today I am grateful for:

• another sober day, an early night and a comfy bed.
  • that my latest attempt at being sober seems to really be working, I’m so grateful for that.
  • I’m grateful that this time I want it so much more than before, instead of it feeling like something I should do.
  • for strong black coffee in the mornings. I do love my coffee.
  • for learning more skills to stay sober than I ever have had before.
  • for going to the supermarket tonight to buy supplies for the weekend and not even thinking of buying booze. Seriously, it didn’t even cross my mind. That’s a flipping miracle right there!
  • for my peaceful and stable life.
  • for my small but lovely family.
  • for being able to get up so much earlier now and loving it.
  • for cat cuddles and furry friends.
  • for the love and support of my wonderful patient partner.
  • for this place.
    Goodnight out there.
    :hugs::pray::hugs::pray:
6 Likes

Today I am grateful to finish my day sober. To have spent time with a good friend and her and my kids together. To have killed the small craving that tried to get into my head just before dinner. To be in bed sober. To end this day happy and less anxious about the future

8 Likes