Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5

Tis rare indeed,love. Thanks for being Emm. I love your musings. I love you. I have gratitude squirting out of my ears. It’s a daily occurrence. I’m always grateful I live. It was a close one I reckon. I’m grateful my bottom turned out to be a trampoline. I bounced. Still goin up. Grateful. So grateful I found my home in Refuge Recovery. It just keeps getting better. The wx prognosticators say it will be 62 on Sunday morning. Yipppee I’m grateful af for that. Maybe that’s what brought a smile. Wish all love and happiness.

14 Likes

Now THOSE are excellent nails!! I wouldn’t want to do anything in case I were to damage them. I love them!!

6 Likes

What a precious white kitten. Fantastic name!!! So happy you found each other!!

6 Likes

I’m grateful for the darnedest things. Like not getting that dinner she was gonna cook last night. After all my codependent bullshit about making it after lunch. :rofl::rofl::rofl: I’m grateful when I got home I was just like. OK :man_shrugging: I’m grateful I made a nice late dinner. I’m grateful I enjoyed it and wasn’t passed out.

I’m grateful I didn’t lock Mavy in the pantry last night. :scream_cat:. Poor guy.
I’m grateful I didn’t spill wine on the carpet last night. Red of course.
I’m grateful I can be a little pissy if I want to :upside_down_face:

I’m grateful Benson and Percy got along nicely this morning. I’m grateful for the chat with my Al-Anon friend and neighbor.

I grateful for the red cardinal drinking from my pool.
Grateful I got in 2 walks and a reformer workout 2 days in a row.
I’m grateful I know I can’t do that when I’m going out to lunch.
Grateful for my cats on deck.
Grateful for the birdsong.
Grateful for my view.
Grateful I’m planning on cooking dinner tonight.
I’m grateful I didn’t storm off to a meeting at 1 today.
I’m grateful we are all sitting on the deck being civil and having nice conversation. Well Benson and the cats aren’t conversing much but they are being civil too.
Grateful there’s another speaker meeting Wednesday at 10. Al-Anon speaker. I’m grateful I’m looking forward to it.
Grateful to be able to get gratitude in, even though it’s later in the day which is not not my usual routine.
Grateful for memes.
Grateful for humor.
Especially recovery humor.
Especially sick burns about recovery humor.
Grateful for y’all.
:pray:t2::heart:

WHEN A DEEP INJURY IS DONE TO US, WE NEVER HEAL UNTIL WE FORGIVE.
DPsayings .com :man_shrugging:

17 Likes

Fuck routine @Dazercat we can practice gratitude when we wanna.

Im spacey today and missed my morning gratitude soooo no better time than the present.

Im greatful im done with my errands and expectations for the day and i get a few hours of unscheduled time to take it easy. Routine is good to a point

Im greatful for 2 days to take a break from work and try to get my mind right.

Im greatful my dogson doesnt look haggard anymore. Check him out on the pets thread.

Im greatful for crockpot meals

Im greatful im a planner but i need to take a breath and not try to control the order of my day when i dont have to

Im greatful ive identified im living in the shouldas. Should do this. Shoulda said this. Im greatful i just realized thats me living in the future or past and not in the now.

Im greatful i will be doing the topic for the dual recovery group next week.

Im greatful. Im so greatful.

16 Likes

Grateful you checked in Binx

I read your posts.
Your struggle sounds overwhelmingly difficult.
I cannot imagine.

I started here on the gratitude thread because it was just a place for me to put out my thoughts just as gratitude. Long, short, sometimes I write a novel, sometimes I get too personal. Or sometimes I just try to be funny. Whatever. I think of this thread as a one way street for me. If I want to engage. Fine. If I don’t I know all the grateful people here understand that. But the thing is I always feel better after I leave this thread.

I hope you get to sort things out.
Hope to see you around when your comfortable.
Big hugs to you :people_hugging::heart:

14 Likes

I’m grateful I live 500 miles away from my family.

14 Likes

Your words are always so soothing and reassuring Eric. Like a warm hug : ) While I am here, I will drop in a little gratitude :heart:

I am grateful for you, and I am grateful for everyone in this community. The people here are the backbone of my sobriety, ever present, unwaivering support. I feel like my sobriety is almost under constant threat, but TS is my safe place.

While there is currently a lot of stress around this, I am grateful that we have found a new home to purchase. If all goes well, we could be in our new home by Christmas, or shortly after.

I am grateful for my husband and children. Yesterday my husband booked a Halloween outing for them, and when they found out they were going again, their eyes lit up. They have so much fun at this place. It’s wonderful to see that despite a lot of stress around at the moment, that our kids are having a nice childhood and they are happy little things. I’m am truly blessed :heart:

14 Likes

It was a beautiful wedding and we all had a lovely time.

In the evening, my sister shared with me that she is starting her sober journey too.

My siblings and I grew up in a very abusive and unhealthy home. We grew up and got out and made amazing lives. And we all became involved with way too much alcohol.

And now all 3 of us are in our recovery journey. In our 50s, and we are working in getting better. I love my sister so much. She is one of my favorite people in my life. So I’m so happy to see her learning about this with me.

I wish you all peace.

14 Likes

Gonna try a pre and post workout gratitude today…

Pre workout:

Greatful for…

My sobriety, 525.25 days
Love my numbers
Hubby
Our love and growing communication
Boscoe his royal highness
Looking forward to a good run
A day to rest and relax only appointment is the gym and a fancy dinner for hubbys birthday

15 Likes

I’m struggling big time with gratitude this morning my friends so I went over here.

Love you guys.
:pray::heart:

17 Likes

And I’m grateful for Hummus. Hahahaha :laughing: my son saw this on Instagram " isn’t hummus just Jewish peanut butter?" So we both call it that now. And we both eat it daily. What? That shits delish. And this

with these

Holy Moses! My taste buds are grateful. Fuck routine @Dazercat we can practice gratitude when we wanna.
You are correct @Cjp . I’m grateful it’s cooling off down here in Flo-ridah. I am grateful for awakening to the moment. At least some of the time. I am sooo grateful I get measured(?) for cataract surgey in 2 days. I am having a pretty difficult time seeing to text. Parts wear out if ya stick around. Grateful for Indigo and Alobar. Unconditional love. Me-Yow!! I am grateful for y’all. You keep me grounded. You keep me smilin’. Thank you. Namaste :pray: God guru and Self are One

Edited to add this : full disclosure I am addicted to Hummus

17 Likes

Grateful for your attitude and spice of life Billy.

But chocolate hummus :face_vomiting:
IMG_6914

But I did find and “everything bagel seasoned” hummus. I just posted it the other day on the foodie thread. That’s what I’m talking about!

Love you buddy.
:pray:t2::heart::people_hugging:

13 Likes

Hey. I’m more greatful for you than you could ever know my Buddaughter @Cjp !!!

10 Likes

Don’t knock it til ya try it D-cat! Love ya budro.

9 Likes

9 Likes

@binx lovely to see you on the Gratitude thread. So grateful to see you back with us on the TS site. Congrats on the new home – hope everything goes smoothly! Yeah to having a Halloween night out with the kids – so many beautiful memories :heart:
@lab OMG how beautiful that all three of you will be on a sober journey together and find new bonds in your sobriety. This was so beautiful to read! :hugs:
@cjp love those numbers CJ !! Boscoe looking so cute with his fresh haircut – hope you and hubby have a wonderful time celebrating today :heart:
@dazercat Oh friend – thank you for sharing your gratitude’s with lovely pictures. I am sending you so much love and comfort today – I do wish that you are able to find peace within yourself to deal with the addict in your life. I can’t even imagine all that you go through daily with setting boundaries and having to second guess yourself on those boundaries. You are right – You have done nothing wrong. I am sorry my friend. I do hope you are able to find a Al Anon sponsor for nothing more than to have someone in real life to bounce your frustrations off of. So much love for you my friend
@soberbilly Chocolate hummus :thinking: I’ve seen this but am leery of trying. I do love my hummus! So creamy and delicious :yum:

For all my beautiful friends

14 Likes

Post workout gratitude

Watching the leaves change
Protein shakes
Decent effort at the gym today
Feeling freer today
Sunshine
Progress
Time
Love
Hope
Nature
Papabudda @Soberbilly
My friend @JazzyS
All of you mfs who make this place a safe space for recovery

16 Likes

Good morning.

I am grateful that I stuck to a boundary yesterday I had made with my mom, years ago. She even got quite upset with me and shed some tears. I am grateful that even though I felt a pang of guilt, I did not back down. I am grateful that the wiser part of myself was able to sit with that people pleasing part and keep her calm reminding her of the healthy boundary. I am grateful that my mom eventually got over it and that we both had beautiful days yesterday doing different things. I am grateful for the compassion I could feel for myself and my mom in the heat of that moment. It was like I was parenting us both… I know exactly why she felt so disappointed and it was not only because of her strong co-dependance but because her people pleasing had backfired on her and cost her thanksgiving dinner with me. I am grateful for clarity.

I am grateful for the extremely busy, loooong day I had with G, his daughter and my kiddo yesterday. We went to have our tea leaves read out of town. I am grateful for humor and light hearted teasing coated in honesty. I am grateful that I drove most of the day. I am grateful that G just finished a 4 week job out of town and decided to treat us all. I am grateful that the kids (26&18) connected on the long drive. And I am grateful that the special ring that I made for G’s daugher fit her perfectly and that she loves it. :heart:

I am grateful for the beautiful weather and the gorgeous skies. I am grateful that they make me feel connected to people that I love no matter how far away they are. I am grateful for the days when the pain gets so bad you cant hide it anymore, when your rock bottom gets unbearable. I am grateful for those days because they are awakenings of the spirit, even though they sure dont feel like it,they are. Those are the days when we finally start to surrender, sometimes surrender again. I am grateful that we can never surrender too much, or too many times, and that everytime we surrender our hearts just become more open to God. We are able to give God more of the burden, which is none of our business to be holding. Sometimes when i think about it in relation to electrical energy it helps me. If I hold onto too much, or more of that than my body can handle my limbs blow off. Its the same for human energy that is not ours to hold… hand that shit over. I am grateful for my morbid mind.

I love you. :blue_heart: :sparkles:

16 Likes

I’m grateful I took time to catch up here. My evening gratitude routine got messed up lately, I always fall asleep before I even start to write :see_no_evil: I’m grateful I never forget to be grateful :pray:

I have to put this quote where I see it multiple times a day :pray:

Dear friend I feel with you. I admire your strength. Your work. And I’m a bit envious your wife listens and talks to you. Oh God how I wish my ex would have done that. I’m grateful you make me see ways to work on problems. When you’re not the only one working. I have a lot of work to do to reach forgiveness :pray:

I’m grateful I stopped doing :point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2: this. And that the nagging voice in my head is silent atm :pray: It was a long way detaching from it.

Early evening gratitude today.
I’m grateful I proceed in making the house organized and cozy. Little steps. I’m grateful I was ready to tackle some tasks this weekend. Organizing, reviewing routines, think a bit further what’s to do, seeking help, discussing problems with people with lots of experience. I’m grateful I have faith that everything will turn out how it’s supposed to be. I’m grateful I work on what I myself can do in the meantime.

I’m grateful I woke up well rested today. I’m grateful I fumbled around and got some chores done. I’m grateful for laughter when I startet the learning routine of the roomba again, the cats were not amused :rofl:

I’m grateful sitting on the balcony, listening to the sounds of nature is beautiful.

I’m grateful I took good care of my friend’s flowers, she’ll return tonight.

I’m grateful I start to look at the farm, not only the house. I need a lot of time to accomodate and settle. I’m grateful the way I look down from the balcony changed. I slowly and carefully start thinking. Hesitant and cautious because I fear to feel overwhelmed quickly. Again babysteps. I informed me about figs that possibly grow at this place. Just an idea I will chew on for long.

I’m grateful for freedom, peace, my wonderful house and farm, my funny lovely purring cats, for friends, homecooked food, veggis from the farmers market, all the useful stuff making life easy, for service on radio, an overcast day, for putting up candles on the balcony as the first anniversary of mum’s death is coming up.
I’m grateful I had a good weekend. ODAAT :pray:

16 Likes