Foodies Unite #4 (trigger warning food) DON'T GO BACON MY HEART!

Breakfast! Bacon quesadilla stack! Stuffed with poblano hash browns, topped with bacon, fresh made pico de Gallo and avocado! Sorry for my food spam the past few days, it’s truly my hobby and favorite thing to do! Cook!

13 Likes

No apologies necessary Anne. We are, and I don’t like to speak for everyone, but I can safely say we are, GLAD YOU’R HERE.
Day 3 ? Keep posting and spamming us. Drinking and food went hand and hand for me all my drinking days. I post here now all the time instead of drinking and eating. I’m eating and posting. ODAAT.
We got your back. Use us.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

And BTW. That Breakfast looks marvelous. I love breakfast pics. I do that intermittent fasting. So I don’t do breakfast anymore unless it’s for lunch. So post away.

1 Like

Day three yes, working on day 4, which by the end of today, I’ll have it in the bag!! I haven had absolutely zero urge or desire and no withdrawal symptoms at all, is that normal? Idk but I’m happy to cook and eat and post. Lol

4 Likes

That’s great. Not sure what normal is though. I was pretty relieved to not be drinking my first week. So maybe that’s normal for some. I struggled more later. But I didn’t want to drink. But I was always angry. :grimacing:
Have you seen the check in thread? Checking in daily to maintain focus #39 - #1894 by Powerfulmikelamica
It’s a great thread to check in on daily. Share your feelings and get an idea what other people are going through. It can be very helpful.
:pray::heart:

2 Likes

My favorite thread and strongest tool is the gratitude thread. Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude The Air Of Recovery
Great bunch of people on both threads. Not trying to overwhelm you or go off topic. Just have a good read around. And join in when you’re comfortable. No rush. ODAAT.
:pray::heart:

1 Like

Nothing like bacon, avocado, and pico to make anything magical. :laughing:

4 Likes

Looks like we have similar taste! Yum. And pretty :heart_eyes:

1 Like

No apology necessary. Your food looks amazing! Thanks for sharing your passion. It motivates me to cook too. :woman_cook:t2::heart:

2 Likes

This guy is a bit a pain, but he has some great recipes.

2 Likes

Aw, thank you! Get your cook on!! I think it’s fun, baking tho…hell no! Lol!

1 Like

You know what, I have noticed! And obviously we have great taste!! :nail_care:

1 Like

I mean, you’re not wrong about that!!! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Turkey, Roast Beast, Romaine, Baby Swiss and lots o mayo on rye.

Apple and peanut butter.

6 Likes

I think it’s so cool how much variety you have in what you eat everyday.

3 Likes

Mmmm sandwiches are the best. So is rye bread. My faaaavorite sandwich uses rye bread, I mean, if it’s made properly. Lol :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A Reuben? With corned beef and Russian dressing.

1 Like

Yes sir!!! Absolutely the best!!!

3 Likes

I know Reuben very very well from my days working in a New York Kosher Style Deli.
Sauerkraut on top so the bottom grilled bread don’t get soggy.!
I’m a bit of a Reuben snob.

3 Likes

Me as well!!! If I go anywhere and there is a Ruben, I’m trying it so I can judge, lol! I have had a few WTF Rubens, that’s for sure! Lol and of COURSE the best I have ever had was at a really crappy dive bar that no longer exists.

3 Likes