How it works physical - Roadmap to recovery

Hi everyone.

I have been throwing this info around the forum and maybe lots of you allready read or seen it.
But this video was for me one of the key elements in surrendering to the disease.
I wrote out the timeline (you’ll see) and dated it for myself roughly. It helped me accept how bad I felt after the first fase.

would love for people in early recovery to know what this proces does to your system.

22 Likes

And also…
This vid was awesome for the people close to me.
They had no clue what was happening when I had an awesome first month and then boom went sour.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting it, it helped.

3 Likes

This video was awesome for me to watch/listen to. This is my first legitimate attempt at sobriety. I had NO idea any of this was a thing. Worth a watch! Thank you so much for sharing.

5 Likes

@Bama.crawfish you might want to watch this video too.

3 Likes

Here to support each other right. :pray:

4 Likes

It’s late at night but I’ve watched the first 15 minutes of it and look forward to watching the rest tomorrow. Thanks for sharing that :blush:

3 Likes

It’s worth watching. At least I thought so. Sleep well friend.

2 Likes

Thanks Cristel. How are the nails looking ? :blush:. Hope you have a relaxing evening. Work in the morning for me x

1 Like

Made it out of there without drinking & they look great. All trimmed up and neat. :blush:

1 Like

Awww that’s good be proud :blush:. What are you up to this evening ? I’m just about to put earphones in and an app in to fall asleep

1 Like

Not much going on tonight. There may be cake involved. :blush::birthday: Going to try to get to bed early and hope not to wake up at 4am again. Looking forward to my meeting in the morning. Sleep well!

2 Likes

@FindingMe check this video it might help you

@Jaimita. Jay check this video on how the next couple of months can be on the brain.

Would love it if you share what you take from it when your done watching.
It might inspire fellows.

Thank you for sharing this. I am struggling but just counting the time being sober. Alcohol has been my closest friend for decades now and I know that this will be the fight of my life—literally.

2 Likes

We’re fighting along with you! One day at a time friend.

1 Like

@Quentin watch this video because it’ll help you understand what’s going on in your brain and body!

3 Likes

I will do. Haven’t had chance to watch the rest yet but I will tomorrow :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this.
I had a little bit if a wobble last night (home alone, nothing to do, that little voice kept popping up etc) but I watched this and it spurred me on. I’m in ‘the wall’ faze right now and that up and down of emotions makes a lot of sense.
It’s good to know it’s all just my brain balancing out and it’s actually a good thing, part of recovery and means I am recovering!
I didn’t give in last night and actually realised that boredom is a big trigger for me so I’ll look out for that in the future.
Thanks again :blush::hugs:

5 Likes