How many days, months, or years have you been clean and sober?

On day one.

Today is day 450. If you are struggling, ask for help. Because help will always be given at Hogwarts to those that ask for it :wink:

5 Likes

Almost done with day 2.

3 Likes

Glad to see you back around! I feel like you were gone for a little bit

7 days! I just started naltrexone today , this is my first time using this I hope it helps me start sober.
Feeling a liter anxious over the Weekend and honestly I really donā€™t know what to do with my life that doesnā€™t involve drinking ā€¦ I just realize how much of a deal was the alcohol.
Lasts night I even dreamed about big glasses of wine and would wake up sayin no no !
I hope it gets better !

1 Like

It will get easier but you have to work for it. Check out some different meetings, get some exercise, try keep yourself occupied.

1 Like

It does get better. Each week gets easier, but you have to find things to do to fill the time. For ideas, search the forum for ā€œactivitiesā€ - people have posted a lot of suggestions. You have to distract yourself. Also find some special non-alcoholic drink that you love, and work a program. Good luck! You can do it.

2 Likes

3 months is my best!

1 Like

Yes Iā€™m going to the gym a little later and ā€¦ Iā€™m looking for some online meetings. Here in my town thereā€™s only one AA group on SaturdayS
Letā€™s see what I can find

1 Like

Iā€™m going to check it right now. I have family visiting and they all love to drink , we used to stay in rest. For hours jus drinking and talking. Later we might go to the beach but all I canā€™t think is ā€¦ alcohol ā€¦ Iā€™m going to bring a good thermo with some ice te that would do the trick.

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™ve found that when I am around people drinking it is critical that I have something non-alcoholic that I like in my hand at all times. Do they know of your problem with alcohol?

1 Like

They all know I try to quit but they insist I donā€™t have a problem I donā€™t even try to explain. My drinking got really out of control y the past 6 months. All the people I know drink heavily and thatā€™s ok if they donā€™t have a problem. But in my case itā€™s taking me to places I really donā€™t like.
They keep saying : you can have one or two , but I know Thatā€™s never just one.
I live in Puerto Rico and alcohol is very well accepted all the time. Lunch , Brunch, you name it. Beach time, kids partyā€™s , bbqs , and itā€™s hard to find people that doesnā€™t drink. My husband family they can start the day with mimosas and keep drinking till the day is over ā€¦ itā€™s not easy ā€¦ but I have to do it.
This community is my main support and a friend back in Mexico thatā€™s in AA that I text in whatā€™s app. My sister and thatā€™s pretty much it. Now after a huge fight that I got with my husband while I was drunk , heā€™s more supportive and understanding that I need to stop.

3 Likes

That sounds a lot like my friends and family. My gramma, God love her, supports me but canā€™t wait until we can have that special drink. I may go to my grave regretting that one as itā€™s literally like her dying wish. I agree with @Ninetales, I always have a drink in my hand and Iā€™m always sipping it. Keeps my hands busy, my mouth full and ā€œshouldā€ keep people from popping booze in your hands. I just sit now and listen to them all talk when they drink and chime in as it works out, I actually love being sober because I can remember the conversations and watching them reaffirms exactly why Iā€™m not drinking.

Pop in here anytime you need a pick me up or motivation, someone is usually on and if not the boards will remind you why you want to stay with us and keep adding one more day to your tally! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just heading to the beach right now. And Iā€™m
Bringing this book about feeling good not drinks that just got in the mail ā€¦ and itā€™s already 3:30 so I wonā€™t be there so much time :s
Iā€™m not even thinking that today is Friday I just want to get to one more day sober.!
Thanks so much for your replays it really help me feel Iā€™m in the right place and doing the right thing

2 Likes

Youā€™ve got this!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

110 days today!

2 Likes

I understand your environment. My grandfather immigrated to the US from Peru, and when I was growing up we were part of the Pan American Society, really just a large group of people from various Spanish-speaking South, Central, and North American places. They had a party every weekend. These were day-long parties with guitars and singing and drinking and dancing. We went to every little event. Everyone drank, all the time, anywhere and everywhere. They even took us kids to their parties when they rented out hotel ballrooms and big-band music. In the midst of all this, my grandmother quit drinking. It wasnā€™t made a big deal to us kids, but now I know she had cirrhosis. All I knew then was that for the first part of my life, my grandmother always had a Coors Light in her hand, and for the second half of my childhood she had a Sharps (NA beer) in her hand at all times.

Now that Iā€™m going through this myself, I canā€™t believe she was able to do that. She hosted parties for drunken friends and family all the time, without drinking herself. I so wish I could talk to her about this, and ask her how she did that.

People here say ā€œchange your people, places, and thingsā€ so that you surround yourself with sober people and situations. But I think thatā€™s very hard when your entire culture drinks and parties like that. I hope you can be strong like my grandma was.

1 Like

481 days no alcohol. Unfortunately I havent been able to kick the coke habit. Things r just getting worse.

1 Like

I my God! This is exactly how it is , my sister in law just came to my sons graduation and as always is a non stop drinking , eating out and spending time all together. I just came home ,early , with my oldest son who has a cast in his leg. But they all stay downtown because thereā€™s like a festival. 2 weeks ago I would probably had stayed at least for a couple of hours ā€¦ but here Iā€™m in my bed sober and spending some time with my boy. And this was my drink a little blueberry syrup with some seltzer water ā€¦ i have to say I wanted to Drink a few times but overall I had a decent time ! One more day !!
And I will keep in mind your grandma cause honestly ā€¦ I need to remain sober and this is my family. !

my view ! I was a little anxious , but my kids played in the pool and I had a Diet Coke. I hope one day I can seat here and relax not thinking of a glass of wine.

5 Likes