I am new to this community. I really just need support in getting sober

I am looking for a support system or maybe some resources that have helped others get sober. It been a struggle but I’m really just tired of the life and death expierences I’m ready to get sober. .

14 Likes

Welcome! This place saved my life. Be active on here daily, be open to advice…that and AA iscwhat got me sober.

4 Likes

Thank you. I don’t have the funds for Rehab or even Aa meetings. So I’m trying this out. Because I really care about others and what others are going through.

3 Likes

AA is absolutely free.

4 Likes

And if you don’t have the gas or a car to get there, pop in online. If you’re uncomfortable, start with camera and microphone off. If you want to try other programs, too - awesome! Find out what speaks to you. Try more than one thing. Try all the things.

3 Likes

Welcome Lilly :purple_heart:

1 Like

I love this.
Best investment I ever made :+1:
edit - I will be stealing this at meetings.

1 Like

Welcome. You can do this. This community can be a great social tool in your toolbelt. I hope it is useful to you.

1 Like

Hi and welcome. Here are some awesome resources. Resources for our recovery

Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser

Mental health memes and discussion (Part 1)

How are you doing today?

Welcome Lilly.
This is a great sober community to get and give support. That’s how it works here. There are lots of great threads to check out as I see people have already suggested. Have a good read around and join in when your comfortable. I started off frightened, not knowing what to do. So every single day I’d start my day off on the gratitude thread.
https://talkingsober.com/t/daily-gratitude-list-gratitude-the-air-of-recovery/132540/759
I still do.
In recovery, we either learn to be grateful, or we don’t last. Gratitude is the air of recovery. Gratitude is what makes the lungs of recovery fill, the heart beat, and the life flow.

I Learned to ask for help. Everyone here has been new once and are very friendly.
I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

Welcome. There a so many free things that can help you through this. Here are some that have helped me.

1. Recovery Elevator podcast
  2. AA meetings
  3. Library books- also the library is a great place to hang out if you need to. Look up some quit lit. Several threads on this if you use the search tool. I am currently on " Quitter- a memoir on relapse and recovery."
  4. Talking sober! Always there for you. Keep coming back.
  5. Long Walks in nature, or anywhere, really
  6. Exercise- find what you like. Push ups and sit ups are always free. If you check around, gyms usually offer free trial period of a day, or a week even. Community centers often offer free yoga or other group classes.

Hope your day 1 went well. Glad you are here.

1 Like

Welcome Lilly! :pray:t2::two_hearts: