Shout Outs

If you don’t have someone to love and someone who loves you back, what have you got? You’re alive, I guess…

Lust is a powerful drug and it will try to make you compromise so much for it. But it’s empty. I can definitely relate. I agree, love is much better any day.

1 Like

To love and be loved is to have the Sunshine on both sides of our faces.

1 Like

@DowntroddenGoat @anon46927530 @anon30771928 @MandiH @anon62920945 @Mtrav0040 :star_struck::hugs:

7 Likes

Thanks Ashley! Feeling is completely mutual. If you ever come to the frozen north, I’ve got a bag of hugs waitin’ on you.

1 Like

Good idea @DungeonMaster a selfless act, and an expression of grattitude! Helps to keep the old ego and selfishness at bay. It’s a character defect in you and MANY of us! Myself included for sure. Being on top of our defects ensures growth in recovery. I really like this idea! I’m gonna make some shout outs to people who have inspired me at my meeting tonight! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m still super new to this forum, actually it’s the only forum I’ve ever been on. I know a lot of you dont know me but my story is included in my bio if you want to know anything it should be there.

I just wanna shout out to a few people I’ve been following so far. Im really benefiting from your shared experience, strength and hope!

@Yoda-Stevie, @MoCatt, @Longhorn, @CaptAZ, @DungeonMaster,

I cant list everyone but there are lots more! Anyone who has positive feed back on my threads, or anyone who has liked some of my comments on other threads I’m shouting out to you as well! :slight_smile:

I love this forum. It’s like 24/7 positivity ping pong haha!

8 Likes

We get out what we put in so I like to share my ESH and give advice on what worked for me. TS can be quite dramatic at time and seem divided, but as a whole I think it’s a great supplement for sobriety.

Keep workin man, we gon get there.

3 Likes

@Neighbrofthebeast668 you are big reason I keep coming back.

6 Likes

You’re so welcome, Mitchell! Part of a solid program is learning to not be selfish, which is primarily what got us into our addictive behavior in the first place. We’re happy to have you here. Better here than on a binge.

2 Likes

Thank you, @Mitchell_Winsor. I appreciate the kind words. This forum has been a huge lifeline to me in some rough times. If I can share anything helpful to anyone else, I am thankful and glad to do it.

Looking forward to seeing you around these parts!

5 Likes

@Yomomma Alison, I know you’re there creeping every so often. Just wanted to say that I was thinking of you today and hope you’re doing well. Last I heard from you months ago, you were going through a bad break up. If you come around, give us an update or something.

4 Likes

Nice to see @Heddy posting again, after a bit of a hiatus.

1 Like

Thanks man I appreciate that, and likewise to u. I honestly might not have went back to AA which would have surely led to a relapse by now if it wasnt for u dude. I was 2 weeks clean when I joined this place, just starting to get past the worst of the opiate withdrawal and well on the way to convincing myself that I could do it on my own without the program out of shame cuz I hadnt been to a meeting in 2 years and I’d str8 ghosted my sponsor. Then I got on here and saw you posting about how some asshat had stolen ur bike and u were having to walk to meetings and i had to admit that none of my excuses held any weight whatsoever. Seeing that and how happy u and @C-sun were just to be in charge of the coffee pot made me realize I wanted that feeling myself and I wasnt gonna get it without putting in the work. Also my fluffernutter game was weak af so thanks for the inspiration and knowledge man! :laughing:

14 Likes

Lol I’m still looking for that bike. I gave my other bike away to a newcomer when I bought my new bike. As of today I got my car back. You’re a good dude. Never forget that.

8 Likes

To my girls @Lionfish and @RedDragon -

Michelle and Lea - we washed up here at almost the same time. Coincidence? Nah…

I am so glad and grateful that you two are still here, continuing to inspire me and so many others with your courage, your strength and wisdom, your willingness to grow and do the hard damn work - and your devotion and love for your children. You two are such superstars, and I am thankful to call you friends. I love you both so very much.:heart:

@MandiH - thank you for being such a light and support when we three messes washed up! :wink:. From day one, you have exemplified such grace, beauty and kindness, and the widsom you so humbly and freely share is a treasure.:hugs:

12 Likes

I’ve actually lost 15-20 lbs in the last 2 months thanks to the stress and coffee diet

5 Likes

Can I get on that diet?

4 Likes

Holy shit man!

1 Like

Love you Holly :star2: You always seem to brighten my day unexpectedly. And you’ve helped me so much on my journey-thank you so much for being the wonderful person you are.

3 Likes