Sober from alcohol but not from weed

I am extremely depressed today because i have worked so hard on my alcohol sobriety. I of course, am not cured but i have been educated about alcohol abuse for 9 months now. My partner is now not happy with my problems with depression. Of course I have depression, I have been diagnosed with ptsd. I am so exhausted I don’t know how to solve a problem I have had since childhood. On antidepressants and seen plenty of therapists. Nothing helps!! I am going off this site. I think everyone on this site is great but I need someone to talk to and I am not able to figure out this site. I wish everyone well!! :heartbeat:

5 Likes

Hope you find what you need Charlene. What you need is available and you can find it, alive, talking, sharing, communicating. If you want to come back we are here. Take care!

2 Likes

I am so very sorry that you are struggling and are not able to figure out this site Charlene.

This site is active 247 and someone is always here to help out. If you change your mind on leaving - please reach out with whatever questions you may have.

I find that daily gratitude practice and checking in (multiple times if needed) are helpful for my sobriety.
Checking in daily to maintain focus #58
Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5
Gratitude List. 5 things daily

Also a few threads below that might be helpful to you love:

Frequently asked questions about sobriety for newcomers

Recources for our recovery

I do hope that you find some comfort and help with your journey even if it is not with us.

So sorry for your depression and that the therapists have not been able to help you. Have any of them tried EMDR therapy? I do wish you loads of love :heart:

3 Likes

Charlene, I hope you find your way back to this thread to read the posts. So sorry for your depression & PTSD. I found a behavioral therapist who practiced EMDR a few months after I got sober. She and I worked through my mental state and it saved my life, along with sobriety.

1 Like

I’m here 24 hours