Sobriety second time around

Hello everyone. I signed up for this forum almost two years ago when I decided to get sober. I did it in my own without help. I broke my sobriety in Sept of last year. I have now decided I want to be sober again. Life was so much better when I wasn’t drinking. Instead of kicking myself for breaking sobriety, I’m just gonna move on and face this one day at a time

15 Likes

Good idea Jim! The only way forward - in anything, whether it’s sobriety or not - is one step at a time.

Hang around here and have a read through the threads. I’m sure you’ll find some you like. Here are some of my faves:

Resources for our recovery

Online meeting resources

Post photos of your pets #4

Post your most inspiring photos of nature #3

Foodies Unite #4 (trigger warning food) DON’T GO BACON MY HEART!

Checking in daily to maintain focus #42

Welcome back! :wave:

3 Likes

That’s all anyone has- one day at a time . Turn it around. Negative behavior into positive . Small steps- over time, repeated and in a few while you’ll create a healthy habit and routines.

Thanks wonderful! Welcome back!

@JimLohr

Welcome Back!

Your desire to be in Recovery is not a happenstance; you are choosing Life over Death one day at a time! Please heed your inner desire with gratitude because some didn’t make your choice and paid the consequences. You don’t have to.

Welcome, Jim! So glad you are here!