Thank you for this forum

I am new here and I have been struggling with my addictions the past 5 years. After a series of bad experiences I am making a choice to deal with my emotions in a healthy manner and be completely sober. In a few hours I will be 1 full day clean.

32 Likes

It’s where we all began and it’s an amazing achievement. Many die before they get this far. Keep sharing your journey and please reach out when the going gets tough, it’s a lot easier together.

3 Likes

Thank you so very much…I really appreciate it…I am filled with so much emotions… so much shame especially. Thank you so much…I hope to fight this so I can help others overcome addiction as well. It’s scary but I know it will be worth it.

3 Likes

Well done. Hope to support u on ur journey.

2 Likes

Thank you so much…my eyes are starting to water…it feels nice.

3 Likes

Ah, welcome Randy! Congrats on living a clean and sober day. One at a time, and one by one.

Lots of us checking in daily on this thread - for accountability and also to borrow and lend support when needed:

Looking forward to seeing more of you around here! :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much…I do want to hold myself accountable so I will check in daily here and I hope to connect with all of the awesome courageous members here. Thank you so much for the links…I will definitely read them.

2 Likes

Randy, it is so helpful to just come here and read. It is like a 24/7 resource. Here when you need it. Amazing people with so many stories. Welcome!

2 Likes

This is wonderful…thank you so much.

Congratulations. I’m almost to 1 day also.

2 Likes

Welcome here and congratulations with being clean! :confetti_ball:
See you around!

Welcome, this forum is a great first step!

How amazing…keep going that is inspiring

Thank you so much

2 Likes

I have finally completed my first day sober. I wish I can say that I want to jump for joy and be happy but apart of me feels like I’m in detention and I’m punishing myself even though I know what I am doing is a good thing. I have been in bed for 2 days after my last episode and this morning all I feel really is shame …regret and some moments of suicide but I know I won’t act on it as they are just thoughts. I just don’t want the thought in my head. I am making a habit to report on this forum daily as I think it will help me and hopefully others

2 Likes

Congratulation on your day one. It is pretty normal to have guilt and shame feelings after realizing the things the addiction has done to our environment and ourselves. However guilt and shame feelings stand in the way of recovery. For me that was a real eyeopener during my rehab. Not putting all the guilt on myself helps me forward. Of course those feelings are still there, but I can cope with them in a healthy way now.

1 Like

So glad your here!! That first step is a big one but you’ll always have us in your corner :hugs:

This is such a wonderful read…thank you so much. I do feel like a prisoner and I am gonna try to work on setting myself free

This is so encouraging. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Hi @Randy, welcome. Well done on 1 day, it does get easier :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like