Truth and tough love

No she was talking about heroin, not weed lol sry I should have clarified

@Donnie_Spiering I agree with you there, I’d much rather see people be potheads and if it works for em that’s great. I just know it wouldnt work for me so I dont do it. It’s that abusing thing, hell shopping online and going to the gym can be just as bad for u as smoking bud if u do it to the point it’s the only way you can be happy. I started with pot long b4 I ever even drank and eventually it wasnt enough, i figured out i could add a beer and a little of this or that and get even higher til it consumed me, there was never any such thing as being “high enough” and I know if I tried it now I’d eventually have a bad enough day at work to justify that “just one beer” to go with it and once I did itd just make it that much easier to justify doing something else

3 Likes

Lol gotcha, I’m sure that’s obvious to most people so no worries lol

And I know people who use heroin occasionally. They do exist. This isn’t the forum for them. And just bc doctors and rehabs prescribe something doesn’t make it safe. See Xanax.

We really don’t need to hear from some stupid fucking stoner about how easy it is to get sober, especially when he’s still getting high.

1 Like

Don’t even get me started on Xanax and Klonopin. Or Seroquel. It’s so fucking hard to get off the benzos. The Seroquel is almost as hard. I’ve never abused Seroquel, can’t imagine why anyone would. I’m a fine example of yet another medication being recklessly prescribes. All I want is to just be able to stop talking it all together. Not possible with that type of medication. Lithium Jr. So fucking awful!

1 Like

I get all that. But we currently have members prescribed valium, kolonopin, adderall and other drugs from a doctor buy Because it prescribed its ok? Id say id u can manage like better smokin a bud here n there to curb anxiety,depression vs xannax id say thats a much safer choice. I understand trading an addiction to another is not a good thing. We have to find what works for us. Not all addicts are addicted to every substance they get high on. Let them be the choice of that. I totally get what your saying about trading addictions it can lead to no improvement in your life . But id say coming off a pot wd will be much easier then a dope wd.

I have no opinion on what doctors do. If someone is prescribed weed that’s whatever. But if you are just getting off the street then it’s just another drug. I mean, I’d rather have an armed robber living in my neighborhood over a rapist, but the best would be neither of them.

1 Like

True but this is thier recovery not our own. They may discover pots holding them back to have to give it up down the road too. We should still be there to help them and not give up on them because they thought they traded to an innocent substance. If it helps them im not gonna piss on thier parade over it but they should watch what they say and respect others sobriety. To say doctors do what they want and feel sometimes ruin lives over what medication they thought was right. Many doctors have never taken the substance to know what it does or if its addictive. They just have sales reps tell them by word of mouth. Which i find to be a bigger problem…

I think I should note there’s a difference between being diagnosed with anxiety and just feeling anxious. Not everyone person who is anxious has anxiety. That’s why we go to doctors.

Also, millions of people smoke weed just fine. But they don’t come to sobriety forums talking about how easy it is to quit weed and then in the next post say how they still smoke weed.

3 Likes

Hahaha yeah i definitely didnt get that post at all. He told it like he was sober but hes stuck on his last kick… Smh i dont see that one working out as he obviously returned

1 Like

I used to quit using heroin everytime I shot up. Then I’d start using again a couple hours later. It was easy to quit when I was still high

1 Like

For awhile there, I was a day quitter. Wake up with the hangover, the guilt and shame, quit for the day, and drink that very evening.

Frank Sinatra once said he felt sorry for sober people, because when they woke each morning, that was the best they would feel all day.

Funny Frank. Love your music, but your philosophy is shit. I go to sleep each night feeling better than I did when I woke, and I woke feeling pretty damn good. Why? Because I end the day thankful that I am better than I was when I started.

I did it my way, and did it sober.

7 Likes

Loving tough love👍

3 Likes

That’d be like me saying “I’m sober, and sober is easy. Just have a beer or glass of wine once in a while. All it takes is discipline”.

If I could do that 100% of the time, then I wouldn’t be here at TS. I’d be one of those “normal drinkers”.

3 Likes

I think read that post. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

edit: not from you…but someone has surely posted that in the last 2 years.

1 Like

Here here. I’m always gonna quit smoking cigarettes, right after I puff one down. Then 45 minutes later I’m back at it.

Same usually goes for the I’m gonna quit drinking, because your hungover as fuck and feel like death. It’s either that evening or 2-3 days later when you feel somewhat human again that you’re back on the roller coaster, puking your guts up.

1 Like

Man, the PNG list is getting longer, or I’m really getting cynical in my dotage.

1 Like

PNG list? Do tell

PNG: Personae Non Gratae.

It’s a list of folks whose topics I won’t read, comments I won’t like or respond to, for various reasons.

Some of its ego, I will admit. You asked for advice and when I took the time to provide it, you basically told me to “piss off, quit wasting my time”, so I honor the request.

Some of it is me just biting my tongue, or a personality conflict. Better for both of us if we go about it without acknowledging the other’s presence.

3 Likes

I try to look at the message rather than the messenger, but I often fall short of that goal. there’s a few threads that I mute the second they pop up.

Dang @Yoda-Stevie, I hope I never get on your bad side!! :bird:

2 Likes