Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up (Part 1)

Aw dude that fell off IS NOTHING and thanks :pray:
iam working hard at the moment that is not stopping me right now having 200 calories for breakfast oatmeal and a cup of almond milk then im out the door with my furry friend for some good cardio and i mean what can stop me from achieving my goal ? So my journey when it comes to eating when i have crazy urges for some fast food ill try and pick the healthiest and keep it within calorie range when i over eat i usually mean sugar like a chocolate muffin or a peice of chocolate the crazy thing about it is i beat mysefl up so hard about it come to find out it doesnt affect my weight at all at weigh in time im really beileveing CONSISTENCY is key if i keep showing up and never giving upā€¦ results will happen but im cutting all that out and actually only eating healthy LETS GOOO !!!

This 15th is my last weigh in for my 2 month on this journey iam down 31 pounds out of 79 im trying to loose Dec 15 2020 i was 224 i definitly feel lighter just with this off i will be chipping every pound away to reach my dream to reach my goal :partying_face::partying_face: LETS GOOO !!!

5 Likes

Thank you :hugs: But I did not have much to get rid of: just a few kilo/pounds. Maintaining that weight is more of a chalenge :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Breakfast had oatmeal and almond milk
Lunch had roast beef on honey whole wheat
Dinner had 2 telapias with a salad

Getting in my nights workout LETS GOO!!!

1 Like

Aww thanks. Ya getting old sucks. Especially that old metabolism slowing down.

But, since we are sober it should be easier :grimacing:Iā€™m not freaking out yet. Maybe Iā€™m just maintaining. Or maybe that holiday sugar weight is finally going away.

Ya we do it to ourselves. But if weā€™re not drinking we wonā€™t let our inhibitions down. Itā€™s easier to abstain.

Weā€™ll figure it out.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Checking in before dinner.
Dog walk.
1/2 Quest power bar.
3 1/2 mile walk.
Big beautiful salad for lunch.

The wife is cooking dinner tonight. So Iā€™ll be having a wonderful casserole. NO SECONDS.
Then treat myself with my thin single serving peppermint pattyā€™s. 4 singles is actually a serving. 130 calories. I just eat 2 of them. 65 calories.
No other treats or snacks.
Good day.

2 Likes

You are very welcome. Getting old DOES suck and that whole metabolism slowing down can just, UGH! Everything is slowing down more than just 2 years ago, it just is so not right!

But yes, I agree since we are sober and not ingesting endless amounts of empty calories it should definitely be easierā€¦ no ifs, ands or buts about it! But youā€™re right, try not to freak out too! And with us not drinking its easier to say no to other types of foodie guilty pleasures.

You got this, I got this, we all got this. Just keep on doing what youā€™re doing, I will too and we will get to where we all want to be!

1 Like

Checking in.
Got carrot my cake smoothie on :joy: this morning
Walked the dogs 45 minutes
Did Pilates reformer workout.
Eating only 2 of the 4 stuffed quahogs I defrosted.
Thought Iā€™d have an apple but not really hungry anymore. I guess itā€™s best to stop.
Keeping track of the wins.

1. I donā€™t usually eat in the morning cuz of intermittent fasting. But I remembered to because I wanted energy and a good attitude for my Pilates. And it worked. Big win!
  2. Only ate 2 quahogs out if 4. Big Win There!
  3. And I havenā€™t missed a workout day 5 work out days in a row.
    Just got to figure out how to be less sedentary this afternoon.
    Go Team!!
    :pray::heart:
2 Likes

I donā€™t know if this is the place for me. Iā€™m fairly new to the community. 120+ lbs overweight. Working on it, again. Iā€™m in my late 40s and have been fighting Binge Eating Disorder for over 30 years. Currently on Day 32 and have lost 14 lbs, one day at a time. Congrats to all of you who are having success, and support & encouragement to anyone struggling today.

2 Likes

This is a good place if your looking for support in weight loss. I did join Noom last year and found it very help for my weigh loss. Lost 50 pounds. Iā€™m just checking in so I maintain and not gain it all back.

Thereā€™s another thread you might be interested in as well.

Good luck.
See you around.

4 Likes

:scream::scream::grin::grin:
3lbs down this week :star_struck::star_struck: canā€™t quite believe that but Iā€™ll take it! So Iā€™m back in my ā€œzoneā€ now, havent seen that number on the scale in over a year :grin: still a way to go yet before goal but Iā€™m feeling more like my old self now and I even fit back in my old jeans (I knew it was a good idea to keep themā€¦ :eyes::smirk:)

Sooooooā€¦
22lbs down :scream::star_struck:
20lbs more to go :muscle:

I finished my 30 day yoga challenge yesterday, just going to start a new one today because Iā€™ve really been enjoying itā€¦ then by the time thatā€™s finished the little one will hopefully be back at school so I can start going on long walks again.

When I get nearer to goal Iā€™m going to start doing my weights again, dont want to end up ā€œskinny fatā€ so theyā€™ll need to be reintroduced but right now, Iā€™m mostly concentrating on losing all these lbs.

Getting there slowly but surely :grin::muscle::star_struck:

5 Likes

Congraaats !!! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:
Thats amazing your doing a great job !

3 Likes

Checking in Feb 11 2021
Breakfast i will fast cause why not a bit of fasting can only do good

Lunch ill have roast beef on whole wheat
Dinner ill have some hard boiled eggs

Lets gooo !!!

2 Likes

YAY! YAY! YAAAYY!! So VERY happy for you!! 3 lbs down is FANTASTIC!! You are doing wonderfully for sure!! You know I have yet to give yoga a honest try, I need to do that though. I am so not flexible that is just makes me hesitant to even give it a go. The funny thing is that I do know that it would help me become more flexible if I tried it. Go figure! Iā€™ve been trying to concentrate on lots of cardio in hopes to drop the lbs and then eventually add in and explore other fitness things then. Like runningā€¦ I wanted to lose at least 20 lbs before I start doing that instead of having everything kind of loose and jigglingā€¦ if you know what I mean?

Anyway, GREAT GREAT job!!! Keep up the AWESOME work and you will be to where you want to be in no time!!

2 Likes

I mostly started yoga to feel better mentally, I use it as a form of meditation but I knew it was good for my body tooā€¦ then as I went further along and started getting stronger and more flexible, I started to enjoy how it made my body feel.
I love doing it in the morning, everything clicks/crunches :rofl: in a good way though! Iā€™m like a bowl of rice krispies :rofl: but to think if I DIDNā€™T do it all those joints, my spine etc would just be left unclicked/popped but would need it without me knowingā€¦ hard to explain really. I just know my body needs it just as much as my mind needs that little break too.
Iā€™m really glad Iā€™ve found it now. I plan on doing it every day from now on, even if itā€™s only for 10 minutes. :blush:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great Jen. Itā€™s such s as wonderful feeling to see the results on the scale. Enjoy it. Real happy for ya.

1 Like

Checking in late morning.
Got my smoothie on and getting ready to walk the dogs.

I just realized I drank all my smoothie before I took a picture of it. :rofl:
Then I got my 3 1/2 mile walk looking forward to.
Hope yā€™all have a great day.

2 Likes

Thats fantastic! Iā€™ve only heard very positive things about yoga. I do a little meditating on my own from time to time,nothing too structured at the moment. Sometimes when Iā€™m feeling frazzled I stop and do it so I can calm and re-center myself. It helps thats for sure.

2 Likes

Weight loss checking out.
Got my 3 1/2 miles in.
Sloppy pork Joeā€™s lunch about 900 cal.
Chicken curry about 900 cal.
And my 2 thin single serving York peppermint pattyā€™s.
Feeling good. I hope weigh in is good tomorrow. I feel like I been working hard at not eating too much.

2 Likes

Checking in before weigh in. I always weigh in after walking and working out without having anything to to eat. Iā€™m making an executive decision and having my healthy smoothie this morning to help get me though my workout later.

3 Likes