You are missed #3

@Dolse71 Paul, haven’t seen you around. Happy new year to you!

7 Likes

Great to hear things are going well.:purple_heart:

3 Likes

Happy New year to you too and thanks for the thought :hugs:

10 Likes

I am alive!!!

25 Likes

Oh heeeeey! :wave:

3 Likes

Hey there Friend!!

2 Likes

Hola amiga! :wave:

2 Likes

Always good to hear :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yayyayyay! Always good to see you. :orange_heart:

2 Likes

@Matt hope you’re doing fine :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

I am thank you friend :innocent: I have been here every day but mostly reading. In recent weeks my business has picked up quite a bit, so I am driving around much more than I was, doing estimates, managing projects, managing jobs. There is a lot to do!

I have been working on emotion regulation in myself, to consolidate the sobriety I’ve developed over the last year. Right now I am practicing a “calm-contain-continue” technique daily. When I recognize a rising tide of unhelpful thinking (“I’m not ____ enough”, or it also shows up as an urge to binge on high-sugar or high-fat foods) I take time to calm myself using some somatic techniques my counsellor taught me, then I “contain” the feelings (for me I visualize sealing them in a refrigerator) and I tell myself I will come back to them if I still want to later, then I continue, constructively, with my next helpful step of whatever I was doing.

I combine this with continued prayer every morning, which I’ve been doing for about a year now and to me it is helpful.

It’s subtle but I notice an improved mood and steady progress, in how I feel and also in my professional life. Just the last few weeks, while challenging, have felt very constructive. I’ve learned a lot!

Thanks again friend :innocent:

21 Likes

@Kaeo Hope you’re doing well my friend. Thanks for being here in my early times.

15 Likes

I relapsed hard and have little desire to quit… Probably will change once the honeymoon face ends and when I severely fuck up my life again, which is inevitable.

3 Likes

One of my friend’s kids asked what the population of the world was, and that got me thinking I don’t think I’ve seen @1in8billion around… how you doing, friend? And also @penguin? Hope you guys are well :orange_heart:

7 Likes

Thanks for checking in on me! This means a lot and came at a time that was needed.

17 Likes

Hi, thanks for checking on me. I’m doing fine. Just life stuff.

14 Likes

All you can do for me is to be there for me when I’ve got the desire to quit again.
For now I’ve got to find internal motivation to quit.

11 Likes

@Juli1 hope to see you around soon. Hope you had a smooth back to work.

7 Likes

To be as honest as @Crazy_Dutchie

I am not okay, relapsed again in drinking and yesterday in ED. On top I am in contact with this difficult guy, even personal. :smirk:

I am back to work but it’s putting pressure on me and making this fainting feeling. Need to change mindset.

I am ashamed to write again and again about the relapses last weeks. I have the willing to get back to life as it was between 22.07. and 21.12.

I know, I need to get that ass up again Franzi!

Thank you so much for thinking of me.

16 Likes

We are here for you. You know you are not alone in this cycle. Many of us lived in it. There is a way out. Reach out. Don’t isolate with booze in your home. When ODAAT is too long cut into smaller chunks.

11 Likes