2021 roll call - introduce yourself!

Welcome to our new members. Im SobahCobra79 aka Jim. I’ve been here a while. 17 months sober. I check in on the forum at least once a day and hope you do the same. Any questions my dm is always open. I wish you all continued luck on your journeys.

14 Likes

Happy new years everyone :slight_smile:
I gave up alcohol n ciggs in september, im 108 days sober today. 2020 was an absolute mess tbh so im trying out the ole ‘optimism’ thing lol
Im in australia n would like to hear from fellow aussies if any on here :sunglasses:

15 Likes

I went to one meeting (that a whole other story). The state ordered me to group classes for substance abuse awareness…I fought tooth and nail to not attend due to covid and the safety of my child. They continued to fight me saying it was what I needed and I pushed back and asked “what about the saftey of my child and myself?..because clearly there was only truly one person in this case that was concerned about the safety of the child and that’s what we were all here for according to them”.

On the advise of my attorney we took the whole case to trial and the judge was less than thrilled with the way the state and AG handled the whole case and the way I was treated. (We made several deals prior to trial and in the midnight hour the AG went back on thier word and denied the deals and wouldn’t sign off) She was amazed how I found my own resources (this app and a few facebook groups) the judge and my sons attorney all congratulated me and both offered hugs even with covid.

Of course the state and AG said I refused to go to classes because I was “scared” of covid. I offered court approved online classes as and alternative that I would pay out of pocket for and was denied them. I was ordered to urine test 4 days a week at a testing site 45 mins away round trip.

I went to trial on day 120 clean and sober and every single urine test, hair follicle , mouth swabs and blood test was clean.

Honestly the whole with was a blur and I often think back and say damn how the hell have you made it this far.

8 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Fanks for having me :pray:

1 Like

Welcome Matty! @apes2020 I’m tagging you for obvious reasons - I hope that’s okay!

1 Like

welcome. And CONGRATULATIONS :clap:

1 Like

I’m right there with ya. I feel almost the same way. Alcohol didn’t make me bullet proof. It took every good quality I possess and my moral compass :compass: and brought out the polar opposite in me. 187 days today I think. And yes, I’m just getting started. But I’m building a house (recovery) and I’m taking time and thought, being patient, and building this house with a strong foundation. I can look at myself in the mirror and see who I am instead of the things I’ve done. Thats progress… Im glad you are a part of.

6 Likes

Welcome all you newcomers. And hi to the people I know on here. I was a new comer last year about this same time. I don’t remember having a thread like this. I love it. :heart_eyes_cat:
All your stories are very inspiring to me and are enforcing my desire to stay sober. And for that I want to say a big Thank You.
We’re all worth it folks. And don’t you ever forget it.
:pray:t2::heart:

8 Likes

Hey i am new here i have 24hrs. Just got off work and i am not feeling so hot. I know if i can make it through tonight it will get easier. Anyway typing this has been a good distraction. Any tips would be appreciated… I hate my brain right now.

16 Likes

Thanks… Showered and made myself some tea. I cant eat though no appetite. Appreciate the suggestions

1 Like

Please know that that soon will go away if you talk to people like you’re doing. I don’t know you but I’m proud of you

1 Like

Happy New Year, lovely Olivia! :orange_heart:

Prime Minister’s Office, sigh… I won the 2020 geek award, didn’t I?

2 Likes

I just decided to quit drinking a few hours ago. I don’t know what I’m doing just yet, or what to expect, but I’m not going to give up. Alcoholism has ravaged my family for generations. I don’t want to carry this torch anymore.

22 Likes

Hi my I’m Joe. I am 5 days sober. I just joined yesterday. I live in North Carolina. Look forward to meeting everyone.

19 Likes

Hi @ShannonSaysHello and Joe! Glad to have you both aboard and pleased to meet you! This place has been a huge help to me in staying clean and sober and I hope and think it can be for you too. Alone we can’t do it. Together we’re strong. Take your time to discover this place. Success on your journeys friends.

1 Like

My name is Amy my drug of choice is alcohol :wine_glass: I grew up with a alcoholic father and when he passed away when I was 19 I lost part of who I am! I began drinking when I was 16 to fit in with the awkwardness I felt inside! My father had known someway I was going to keep turning to it~~ in 2010 my x had began years prior using mind manipulation and gaslighting to play games it got worse when he took his anger out on me in 2006! In 2011 I got a dui which he won my children back and I lost so much~ I stay sober for periods of time and since I’m so emotionally unstable I grab it at real shitty times! On New Years I decided that was it~ no more sauce ~ no more excuses! I really need a strong sponsor who is willing to work the steps with me!! Help me help myself stay sober I so am done chasing wrong things in life it’s time to do work without excuses anymore :yellow_heart::heart:

21 Likes

5 days and going strong!!!

15 Likes

This is great! In other words… I only have to say no once a day. The important once!!! Im 38 days today.

9 Likes

Hi! Keep reading rite???

1 Like