Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser

Hi Melrm
Thank you very much for sharing this amazing advice.

The first step was admitting you’re an alcoholic and second if you want to be better and feel better admitting that you can never drink again. Sobriety is a journey that you take yourself on, its a new path towards feeling better. Sometimes it’s a rough path but eventually it smooths out and you begin to feel amazing. Allow yourself to take pride in each day that you are sober, talk about it to loved ones, even if you slip and up and start over talk about it no matter what, they love you too. Join a church a support group or many. When you are weak use them you are gonna need them. Most of all never look back the past is gone move forward stay focused and thank God for always being there never leaving.

6 Likes

Love this @SassyRocks, great analogy! Thank you :blush:

4 Likes

That’s a beautiful reply…really encouraging words…

Bump, for our newer members who may not have seen this yet.

2 Likes

I make it no secret that I got sober in the rooms of AA. It’s what I know and it worked for me. So this is the advice I can offer.

1 Like

I’ve been in a constant cycle of binging, sober for 10 days and relapsing for years. Hang in there and dont give up.
I’m new this week but finding this site helpful. I plan on hosting a Zoom meetup Saturday morning if you are interested. I’ll post details tomorrow.Stay safe.

@785 check this thread out aswell m8. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

@quietly here’s some good stuff

2 Likes

Thank you!

I read this four times and continue to read it because the side effects are exactly where I am the itchiness of the skin body aches frustration etc and I couldn’t really understand what was going on thank you so much for helping me . Phase one better understood :grin:

2 Likes

Good thread. Bumping it up :blush::pray:

2 Likes

lots of new members needing support and guidance. Bumped

7 Likes

Sorry it took me so long to respond. But thank you! I had no idea… :hugs:

Mine was cocaine. Then went to meth.

1 Like

Hi there and welcome… There is a few of us on here clean from Meth… Stick around at have a good read of the threads. It’s a great place here with a lot of amazing people here :grin:

i just read this essay on someones journey to sobriety and it reminded me that everyones journey is different. :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you, I needed that.

You have to be patient with yourself call your sponsor go to two meetings a day whatever is necessary James W Ann Arbor Michigan

1 Like

I don’t know where you find this stuff but I appreciate you sharing !