Checking in daily to maintain focus #20

954 :slightly_smiling_face: I’m doing pretty good lately. I’m still and up and down more than I would like to be. But I’m still here and trying. I am trying every day. To either be more accepting of myself or more accepting of others. Trying to be happy with now while still working towards goals. I’ve wanted to give up on work, and this life so many times lately but only because its been hard and I was frustrated that things weren’t different. But THIS IS how things are. And when my mindset shifts in the right direction, so does my passion for life. Keeping it in a good place is hard. But it’s worth it.

27 Likes

Atta boy Ed!! Very impressive numbers.
So cool :sunglasses:
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Wrong, champion.
Simply wrong.

8 Likes

How am I wrong o wise one? :thinking: @AyBee

25e7196758a0060954ace65e60bded635aedb18e1ecfe337efc4e9b500b50fb5.0
Congrats on 300 days free of substance abuse. Keep on trucking dear ODAAT!
:confetti_ball::tada:
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

@manishc I use intherooms.com and there are many others. I gave you a link to resources in my earlier post. Here it is again… Resources for our recovery

5 Likes

Checking out at the end of Day 75.

Taking a day trip tomorrow to Jerome AZ with some friends. I’m going to make a conscious effort to not be on my phone, except to take photos.

Have a happy sober Sunday all. :wave:t2:

30 Likes

Ah I’m loving your photos lately @Mno :trophy:

1 Like

I still lie in bed. First day w/o caffeine to start. Yesterday I had one last coffee. I am sleepy and have a slight headache.

But I will make it. I stay strong. Just for today. Haha :blush:

7 Likes

Day 93 booze, day 6 pills
I took a unisom last night so I didn’t have to do another sleepless night. I don’t know how I feel about that. I guess a non addictive anti histamine is better than benzos but I really want to get my sleep pattern to work naturally. I guess I will accept an imperfect path of progress rather than derailing the whole thing by aiming for some form of ideal sobriety

21 Likes

@Lisa07 ok thanks for the support. And the guidance. I have been through this a million times. Dont want to keep doing this. I will attand at least one meeting today. I will try to participate. Baby steps.

4 Likes

Actually, I was thinking during my morning yoga, why I should quit caffeine. I get headaches. Withdrawal. Why should I suffer from this when I start drinking again? Just thinking. But I will do this.

100.05 Days
:black_heart:

20 Likes

Day 7 from Meth, attended a meeting yesterday and spoke for the first time. Felt good actually, not sure people understood me as I was babbling quite a bit but it doesn’t matter, I still got things off my chest.

22 Likes

Congratulations on your 300 days! You’ve benn doing amazing and I hope you are so proud of yourself for being awesome!

1 Like

Congrats on the triple D’s!

1 Like

365 full days since that poison has touched my lips. I had my last two beers at 4 a.m. on my drive into work 1 year ago. Tomorrow will be my full calender year so I’ll celebrate the “Official” year tomorrow. If you’re new and struggling but here and trying, just keep going… dig in and keep going, ask for help we’re here for you, I promise you it does get easier. Thank you all for helping me get my life back. I’ll do a 1 year post later.

44 Likes

Nice one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::trophy::tada:… This is great news!

1 Like

Thank you, it’s been a ride.

1 Like

Way to go!!! Year 1 takes so much effort & determination. We need to find a new way to live life, a new way to deal with life’s ups and downs without self-medicating. It is a meaningful milestone when anyone achieves it, let alone doing so in 2020 with all its unique challenges!! You are an inspiration to us all in what you have accomplished! You rock!!!
cograts

4 Likes