Checking in daily to maintain focus #44

May i suggest “soba”? Jk hes a sweetie, looks like hes happy

3 Likes

What a cutie! I love animals that have human names. Geoff. Wayne. Brian.

5 Likes

Well, somebody certainly looks like a happy fella! :dog2:

1 Like

Wow, great news Rob!

1 Like

Omg he’s adorable!!! What a wonderful addition to the family :slight_smile:

1 Like

You absolutely deserve this!!! I am so excited for you!!! Yay

2 Likes

Congratulations Seb. He’s a great looking happy guy.
I always wanted my next dog to be named Steve. But I’m out of the dog business. Can’t wait for the naming reveal party :joy:
How old is he?

2 Likes

Congratulations Amy :clap::clap::clap:

:pray:t2::orange_heart::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Hello @Lovelyoutlook @maxwell, we all seem to be at about the same point, I just hit the fortnight mark last night, so I imagine that the two of you must be about there too.
Things are quiet over here in Italy, though I’m swamped with nutty amounts of work. Still, it has to get done, and I suppose that I should be thankful to have SO much work. Still, it would be nice if it weren’t quite so much the feast / famine type of thing… Work was pretty calm for the first couple of weeks of the month, and then BOOM, mountains of stuff started coming my way. Oh well… it’s not like I have much to do outside of home, or any friends / family nearby, so I guess that it keeps me busy.
Anyway, everyone, I hope that you all have a happy and sober Sunday… my next target is 3 weeks !
We can all do it.

7 Likes

Checking in on day 309. Rough night at work but one more day and then have a day off. Now just winding down listening to some music. Have Morgan Whalens “thought you should know” on now. Hope everyone has a good night or day and stay safe!

Edit: wanted to add it was a rough night because of a situation I was put in. I was not aware that on birthdays alcohol was served and i was the one to be serving. I haven’t even so much as touched a beer can in ten months so was very shocked and not sure what to do at first. I didn’t want to cause a stir so I poured the drinks and even the smell turned my stomach almost in a fear way. Everything went well and there were no mishaps but I never would of applied to a job that served alcohol. So May speak with my supervisor and ask to switch days on birthdays so I don’t have to be out in that situation again even though it went well this time I would rather not chance it. Night all!

13 Likes

@Butterflymoonwoman Thank you im so proud of you too :hugs::hugs:

@Dazercat Thank you, its been very emotional watching my mum cry, just glad i can be here properly for her without sneaking out to have drinks.

@HillbillyChris Well done to you for staying stong in that situation. I understand you about the smell of it.
When i did 8 years sober i used to walk into my sisters and the top of her fridge was full of all different spirits, she hardly drinks so there always there. But i used to go in a pick a few up and open and smell them and it used to make my stomach turn, to think it was like water to me before. She used to ask why i used to smell them and i dont really know but it defo made me go queezy.

6 Likes

Checking in, at 15:15 gmt today will be day 5 for me.
Right now wife is still asleep, daughter is still asleep, I’m enjoying the quiet.
I’m not going to drink today.
Have great days all!

13 Likes

On the one hand, it sucks still being awake at 1:23 am (GMT-05:00) but on the other hand, it is raining a little on my tent so it’s all good!

8 Likes

I’m British and did a three week driving tour of a few states thirteen years ago. Flagstaff was our favourite place :blush:

2 Likes

@HenryandAnnie @Mindymoo I am one week tomorrow as well. Well done to you! First weekend nearly over

4 Likes

@Mindymoo It’s nice to know that I am not alone and there are other people trying to make the same positive changes. And I too am feeling quite chuffed for us all

2 Likes

Sunday 19th day, happy and quiet. I have no anxiety to beat a record. I am doing my best…, just today.

Good morning!

10 Likes

Hey hey, my cholesterol was 7.7 so high, familial not diet related. My liver was abnormal as well. Had another blood panel last week and my readings are all pretty great now after statins and no drinking. Be experimental with what you eat and just think about how much your body will love you back hard! X

3 Likes

I’m flexitarian but for me vegan dishes can be amazeballs like Indian food, Thai… Cauliflower steaks roasted with pesto on! Good luck.

3 Likes

Oh wow, thanks so much. Think mine is going to be tough to reverse with just diet. I am a vegetarian and only really eat cheese, go through phases of eating a vegan diet. My Dad couldn’t control with a strict diet, but I am going to try. I have already lost a few lbs so massive advantages already :grin:

Edit: wow, those meals sound yummy :yum:

3 Likes