Daily Gratitude List

*Ah, good morning GratiDudes! *
If you weren’t on the Checking In thread last night, Dazercat and I were having a little exchange about whose coffee is stronger, (thus better). But I got here first this morning and opened the place up, so I’ll let you all decide. There’s fresh banana bread too - so pull up a comfy chair and settle in for the day - or dash if you need to! Good to see you, one and all!

Today?
I’m grateful to be sober, to wake up headache/shame/hangover free. I’m grateful for all of the support I have to be and stay sober.

I’m grateful for my job, for the paycheque, sure - but that it provides so many opportunities for me to be a better version of myself - totally unrelated to work.

I’m also grateful I’m at the time and place in my life - and sober headspace - to be open to change, to considering my next work move. Scary? a bit. Exciting too? for sure. Nothing to act on today. It’s all in the slow-cooker for now until the flavours blend. :wink:

M and D? For all the times we met for coffee - fit it into our weeks as adults, here and there. So normal. Nothing too special. Except now - when I can think of it and smile.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

EDIT: GratiDudes - I’ll be right back. Just gonna go split more wood. There’s a small fire in the woodstove, but it’s taking a while to warm up inside today. She’s another cold one!

10 Likes

I’m grateful I don’t drink.
I’m grateful I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful I don’t depend on booze to have fun.
I’m grateful when I get done all my early morning pet chores and get to sit down and sip my strong black no sugar coffee with Daisy on my lap.
I grateful Daisy is so soft and purry.
I’m grateful someone liked my gratitude list from way the hell back :man_shrugging: looks like I was 30 days sober. When I read it to myself I sound like a little kid that just got a gift, like a bicycle he’s been waiting Santa to bring on Christmas morning. So I thought I’d share it. :point_down:

I’m grateful I’m sober.
:pray:t2::heart:

8 Likes

I’m grateful M opened up the Gratidude Emporium so it was real easy for me to find this morning without scrolling past 10 hrs of threads. And grateful for the home made banana bread. But first :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

4 Likes

I’m so grateful for the smile M puts on my face so early in the morning.
We’re going to do another day.

4 Likes

Good morning gratidudes. Thanks for the java and banana bread one of my faves.

I’m grateful to God please help me to stay clean and sober just for today.
I’m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday.
I’m grateful to God please help me to be powerfully present.
I’m grateful for my recovery day 390.
I’m grateful I slept well.
I’m grateful for my coffee.
I’m grateful that I have already done all my chores and got laundry started.
I’m grateful for my housemates and I working through the issues here this morning.
I’m grateful for my family.
I’m grateful for the twelve steps.
I’m grateful for the treatment center.
I’m grateful for music.
I’m grateful for laughter and food.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

P.s. Breathe deep and be well. Ya you!!
edit: I’m grateful I am persistent and that I started this list at 9:30 and just finished posting at 11:20 :confused:

9 Likes

Wow, so many new people here. Not able to follow up but maybe I don’t have to.

Grateful for having a warm apartment.
Grateful I am more (only slightly though) patient.
Grateful that I take action when needed, bought a hygrometer for each room to fight my anxiety to mold.
Grateful that I don’t drink anymore, not today at least.

9 Likes

Gettin’ grateful a bit late today! Today I am grateful for:

1. The sense of calm I have the day before my doctor’s appointment, even though my aunt sent me some information that got me a bit worried. I wanted to be like, “Tia! Why are you doing this the day before my appointment!!!” And I’m pretty sure my mom had words for her, haha! But I didn’t say anything, and it does no good to worry, because seeing the doctor will be the first step in knowing more about what I have to manage going forward. I am so grateful that I am taking steps to address my health and continue my recovery from a whole health perspective.
  2. My husband taking time during his busy day to help me set up our new bed! And getting a new bed! Did I mention I got a new bed?!? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  3. The fact that every time I log on to TS, I read something that gives me new insight, perspective, and feeling of connection to this community.

Grateful for my TS amigos and gratidudes!

11 Likes

Today, I am grateful for my family, my job, having a roof over my family’s heads, my sobriety, the meeting I’ll be attending via zoom.

11 Likes

Welcome to the gratitude thread Patty. Lots of great folks checking in here every day because we are so grateful to be sober. And for each day we are sober by we got so much more to be grateful for. We hope to see you around.

4 Likes

I am grateful that I am sober and not hungover. The drunken lifestyle was a miserable existence.

I am grateful that I am off of work tonight so that I can catch up on some sleep and hangout with the bf and kitties.

I am gratful for quiet nights at home, warm blankets, and hot tea. :heart:

9 Likes

Thank you! I am new to this app and look forward to what it has to offer! Always looking for support and meeting new people :grinning:

6 Likes

Still trying to figure out how this works lol!

3 Likes

There’s a magnifying glass up on the top right you can click on a search for things you want to look at. People are pretty helpful. So just ask.
Here’s another great thread a lot of us like to us.

A lot of us like to check in there to just be accountable and give support.

Here are two good threads to start:

1 Like

Today I am grateful for busy friends to make sure I get hugs when I need them☺️

I am grateful for encouragement to start “running” and for completing 2 miles today…I call it running. Not sure runners would say the same🤣

I am ever so grateful for the TS love that came my way.

Peace and love to you all♥️

8 Likes

Very late today, but I am grateful for being able to talk to Dad on the phone this evening, he’s getting moved out of ICU and sounds in good spirits. I’m grateful for family. I’m grateful for coffee and hot chocolate.
I’m grateful, as always, for this thread. I can always count on finding something encouraging, uplifting, and happy here.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

9 Likes

Welcome Patty, so happy you are here♥️

2 Likes

Welcome, Patty!

2 Likes

I’m thankful for our new marriage counselor and for the option to videoconference with her.
I’m grateful for my parents being close by and for the repairs I’ve been working towards in my relationship with them.
I’m thankful for the ability to work from home. My office drama is more than I can handle on my plate right now.
I’m grateful for the mistakes that have taught me humility.
I’m so thankful for the calm week I’ve had despite an intense schedule.
I’m thankful that you’re all riding around in my pocket whenever I need you.

9 Likes

@Complicatedmama welcome …grateful to meet the person who makes there first post with the grati-dudes.

I’m grateful to God thank for another clean and sober day.
I’m grateful to God help me sleep peacefully, allow my cup to be refilled…credit to @M-be-free49 .
I’m grateful for my recovery.
I’m grateful for all my family but Mom has a special place, love you all.
I’m grateful to watch something calming now and rest.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

P.s. Fight to be a little bit better everyday because you can. Ya you!!

10 Likes

I like that imagery and couldn’t agree more😊

7 Likes