Have a partner who drinks? Some reading for you

There have been a few posts recently about partners who drink. I am always interested in hearing other people’s experiences with a drinking spouse. It certainly was a learning experience for me in my early sobriety.

Thought I would link in a few previous threads on this topic. Feel free to add others.

How can I stay sober when I live with someone who drinks?

Thoughts on partners still drinking

Sobriety With A Partner That Drinks (A Lot)

Is it difficult to stay sober if your partner drinks at home?

Struggling with sobriety because my partner drinks

15 Likes

Nice one, @SassyRocks. Thanks.

2 Likes

Awesome stuff to group these together under one thread, since it is indeed a common topic of duscussion. Thanks for taking the time and effort to do it :hugs:

Any way to pin this to the top of the forum? The title is great and says exactly what this is. This is an issue among many alcoholics/addicts (myself included), and having new users see this right at the start could help them.

I no longer have regular privileges (which includes editing and such) otherwise I would add it to the FAQs, which is pinned. Feel free, they could use some updates.

Frequently Asked Questions

2 Likes

I don’t know how to do it…I just tried to find out how and not getting anywhere :grimacing:

Thank you! Im still struggling living with a partner that drinks. I am putting my sobriety first and i am now almost 3 months sober

3 Likes

Ah well, maybe someone else can figure it out.

That month is really great!! Putting yourself first in sobriety is key. Learning to live with a spouse who drinks is indeed a process. Be gentle with yourself and your partner.

Looks like you already added links on this to the bottom of the FAQ last year 'round this time.

1 Like

A couple of them. Yes, thanks!

Thanks for posting this. It’s needed.

1 Like