New title: Checking in here when I need to vent or need advice

I haven’t exercised much this week, and it’s annoying. I’ve also been thinking a lot about how fat i am and it’s been tough. And I’m scared of falling into my old ways. So I’m going to try to talk about it here a bit extra and maybe check in if it’s bugging me.

1 Like

Yes always check in and talk about it here! How is it going in therapy atm? Is it something you could bring up there?

Also you’re welcome to join us on this thread:

I’ll try. Therapy’s going alright. I mean no one knows that I had eating issues in the past. It wasn’t that bad, but I don’t want it to happen again and I don’t want it to get any worse than that. And idk. I just don’t really want to tell them about it, cause I’m fat and I feel stupid being fat and saying I used to not eat. Idk.

I actually kind of like that group. I’m gonna check it out.

1 Like

I’ve been writing about my flashbacks and cutting and all that. I think I’m gonna post it here. I’ve been having a rough time recently both with cutting and self loathing and idk. We’ll see.

1 Like

Hey if you want to share that we will of course support you here :heart: I suggest you join the Seeking Help group for that kind of thing. It reduces the risk of triggering others as well as giving an extra layer of privacy. I can’t work out how to link directly to it, but you can find it here:

1 Like

I agree with @siand. Post in Seeking help. This process will not only help you, but also other people who are struggling as well.

I’m almost to one year! I’m a little over a month away from it! Whoo! That’s crazy!

2 Likes

That’s amazing ! Keep going :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Wahoo amazing! :clap::woman_cartwheeling::tada::dancing_women:‍♀:raised_hands:

1 Like

@Kakimime1,

It really amazes me how you managed to stay sober from cutting for this long. And it wasn’t easy. You’ve had the urges, but didn’t give in. Don’t know how you did it, but I commend you.

Please share what you feel has helped you get to this point.

Thank you for sharing your experience, strength, weakness, and hope. You’re an inspiration to us all.

Thank you!:blush:
Honestly, I went to a hospital and they helped a ton. I didn’t only learn about the skills, but they had us practice them, which helped a ton.

Now, most of what helps me is remembering that my feelings are temporary but ok to feel. Like I’ll tell myself, “Ok, I’ll be fine in a few hours, but it’s ok that I’m sad right now.”

Thank you!

5 Likes

@Tino
@siand
Thanks!!:blush:

I’ve visited three colleges this week and I have one more tomorrow. It’s been both fun and really tiring. I’m tired rn so I’m not writing much.

1 Like

Oh wow that’s very exciting! How’s it been going, what did you think of them?

Im wish you gain strength and the abilitY to show who youre reallY.

Yea it really sucks . Im also bi but thats not the point everyones okay with it so dont worry about that.
its just horrible I lived with serious drug addiction for more than two years. While my peers were having fun, having relationshipS, leading lives where they learn how life works, I was taking pills just to not withdraw, spent all my time and money on drugs, sometimes awake for 4 days. I also wish Ill live a normal life but I know exactly how:
Healthy food, exercise, staying sober, meditation/art/etc, and being in love with myself

The first one was eh. It was small and unimpressive. The other three were pretty good though. They we’re all more rural than other ones I’ve seen, which is a slight drawback, but other than that they were all pretty cool. I liked UConn, but like the whole forst year is gen Ed, which I don’t like. So yeah.

1 Like

I’m working on that😊.

It does stink. But at least I’m doing way better now. Oof wow. That’s crazy. At least you’re staying sober now though, which is awesome.
Yep, I’m working on those lol. I’m almost a year since I’ve cut and it’s not a huge problem normally, so that’s good and I can kinda use my energy on those other things like exercising or being healthier.

1 Like

Thats great! One of the best advice Ive heard was on this app: not fighting the old but building the new. Im doing it Im building myself a new life

1 Like

That’s so accurate. I was on a college tour and the guide said something amazing. Everyone wants to figure out who they are. But what you should really do is figure out who you want to be and then work to become that person. And honestly yes. I really need to try and have that type of view.
So yeah.

3 Likes