What are some affirmations that help you when you feel like relapsing?

i’m a HUGE believer in the power of positivity & positive affirmations.
that being said, i’m kinda having trouble thinking up some affirmations to help me in my recovery. anybody else have any ideas?

5 Likes

Gratitude is key to me. Making a gratitude list every morning has conditioned my mind to count my blessings when everything doesnt go my way or i feel out of control

Join us here

And of course…

One day at a time
Let go and let god
I am smart and capable
I am loved

8 Likes

This too shall pass

Every day might not be good but there is something good in every day

10 Likes

Oh good ones! @Starlight14

3 Likes

Theyre my faves! I love every cloud has a silver lining too :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

i really like the second one!

3 Likes

Easy does it.
Keep it simple.
“Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God’s world by mistake." (from the AA Big Book pg. 417)

7 Likes

Its very true though isnt it, theres always something good if you look for it

3 Likes

My favourite i use during meditation is “strength surrounds me, love guides me, peace fulfils me”. Used this last week whilst at the dentist and helps to keep me calm😊

6 Likes

My sponsor used to say get your ass to a meeting boy , staid with me for decades .lol

4 Likes

Cheryl B. Engelhardt has a series with music of affirmations that I return to on occasion. The theme is that we are our own source of light - “I am a luminary”.

2 Likes

“Its easier to keep a tiger in a cage than on a leash.” - reminds me that just having one is not an option or possible

“Remember your why” - reminds me of the beneftis of sobriety and the cons of drinking

“I’m not a drinker, so I am not going to drink” - helpful at social events where I used to be accustomed to having a drink

I have the spiritual toolkit app and any of the prayers on there are helpful ways to start the day. They also have a daily reflection for alcoholics anonymous that is also a good way to start the day

Hopefully these help, sending good vibes!

2 Likes

Sometimes I just simply remind myself

“I am capable and I am ready for the good life will bring.”

2 Likes

“What one can do, another can do. Many have overcome addiction. If they can, so will I.”

4 Likes

Never again. And there’s nothing bad that using would make much, much worse.

2 Likes

Trying to remember that it’s not worth it to drink or ise