Another attempt after xmas 😫

Anyone relasping over and over every few week? Any tips for the 1st week to handle real life lol :hot_face: congratulations to all who stayed sober :+1::clap::pray:

3 Likes

Maybe spend some time reading some of the threads here…Lots of helpful info and suggestions for you…

3 Likes

Iv been doing this for 10yrs, so probably cant give you any good advice, I spoke to someone once and said I relapse every week/ 2 weeks /3 weeks.and she said it’s not a relapse, your still using but in a different way, eg not every day, now as above. That made sense. I work all week, and never struggle during that time I’m content with normal life(at one point I never thought I could be) then the wknd comes that iv been looking forward to, and suddenly I’m shit scared I’m going to use, iv got money and free time on my hands :man_facepalming: one of the sayings that sticks with me is, progress not perfection, iv only used once in 30 days and over Christmas, and that’s a first, normally my wife dreads holidays! People may not agree but if you can get a step closer to being clean it’s better than a step back, sorry if that’s no help at all, I’m in my 3rd day of a heroin withdrawal but I still feel positive because I no I do a bit better every time, maybe this time I’ll crack it! All the best man :muscle:

2 Likes

Hi that was my life 4 20 years I couldn’t stay or get clean. I had to put lots of my ego away and get help so I entered into the rooms of aa got myself a sponsor and work the 12steps recovery programme. It’s the only thing that works for me x

4 Likes

Thank a lot I will give it all a go :blush:

1 Like

Nat nat and tilbury sassyricks thanks for reply I’m not great with this app completely new to it, yes that does make sense, and AA I’ve never been and have social anxiety so makes me want to drink even more :tired_face: thanks for all the advice and for sharing your stories very encouraging :om: good luck everyone

2 Likes