BPD and becoming sober

Hey there,

My name is sabers. A long story short. I have BPD and a series of mental health issues. I also have a brain condition and physical health issues!. I am addicted to all things unhealthy. I have an unhealthy relationship with a number of things. I am clean of smoking and weed since april. I have been celebate since march 2019. I am binge drinking addict and I have been sober for 2 days. As of 25th December night time, I need to become sober. It is absolutely imperative to become sober. I never knew there is a community on this app and I would absolutely love some support. Thanks you :christmas_tree::relieved:

14 Likes

Welcome. Yes anyone who has mental health disorders, brain injuries etc is very important to have soberly.

I have Complex PTSD, ARFID, generalized anxiety, disassociative disorder and some depression. I like to believe we use it as a way to self medicate to give us a predictability of emotions we want or need or rather we lack.

You will enjoy it here. Good bunch of people. Nice to meet you.

4 Likes

Welcome Sabers.
2 days is a great start. Keep checking out all the topics on here. There’s lots of great support.
All of us just trying not to take that first drink.
:pray:t2::heart:
Questions
about early sobriety? Here you can find some answers!

5 Likes

Pleased to meet you Sabers and welcome here. This is a great place for support, both getting and giving, for gaining knowledge, for sharing your own stories. Lots of great folks here who know the deal and who are helping themselves by helping each other. Indeed being sober and clean is paramount for better mental health. I’m working on it. Glad you are too. Success in your journey!

4 Likes

Nice to meet you :grinning: and welcome!!! :tada::v::trophy:

1 Like

Thank you for replying :relieved: I am surprised by the number of replies i have recieved :grin:

1 Like

Thank you :grin:

1 Like

I have all these disorders! Its obvesly a nightmare :pensive:… it’s a combination of three things that I have such complex conditions

1. Biological
  2. Environmental
  3. Brain abnormalities

I can only describe is as a monster in my head. Sometimes it goes away (at least you think it does) because it plays tricks on you and then it creeps up on you. Drink, drugs, and eating disorders have all been an escape.
On xmas night I blackout out with drink and spent the next day morning until night spewing and started have a mild convulsion, I have been free on convulsions since feb! It gave me a kick up the arse!

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply :christmas_tree: much appreciated

1 Like

Thank you for your reply!

My health is a combination of three things that I have such complex conditions

1. Biological
  2. Environmental
  3. Brain abnormalities

I can only describe is as a monster in my head. Sometimes it goes away (at least you think it does) because it plays tricks on you and then it creeps up on you. Drink, drugs, and eating disorders have all been an escape.
On xmas night I blackout out with drink and spent the next day morning until night spewing and started have a mild convulsion, I have been free on convulsions since feb! It gave me a kick up the arse!

Theres only so much denying a person can do!

1 Like

Welcome Sabers, glad to see you’re 3 days sober today. You will find a tremendous amount of support. I would suggest trying to find a local AA meeting or find one online. You’re now “trudging the road to happy destiny.”

1 Like

Thank you for replying!:christmas_tree:

My mental health is a combination of three things that I have such complex conditions

1. Biological
  2. Environmental
  3. Brain abnormalities

I should have said that all in my first post :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I will need to get used to this app!

Thank you for your reply!

I should have mentioned in my post that my mental health is a a combination of three things that I have such complex conditions

1. Biological
  2. Environmental
  3. Brain abnormalities

1 Like

I don’t know what it’s like to have mental health conditions but know with the right treatment from a professional and the willingness to be honest will help you thrive. If you need any suggestions, message me.

1 Like

I have spent my life receiving help and running away from it. But I vowed in February I would stick to respecting the help I get. I absolutely need to become sober.

1 Like

Great to see you here looking forward to some conversations with you. Congratulations on your choosing sobriety.

1 Like

We are on the same journey… became sober the night of the 25th… all good so far going on third day… just trying to find other outlets… started running … have a boxing kit coming soon… started keeping a journal etc… I know how tough future days are going to be but we can do this! You got this :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome Sabrina :purple_heart:

I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder some years ago. But last month, I had another psych eval done and the psychiatrist seems to think that I can no longer be diagnosed with that disorder.

It just goes to show that, just like an individual’s mental health is fluid and ever-changing, so also can a person’s psychiatric diagnoses change. I used to love to lay claim to that diagnosis, but not so much anymore. :smirk:

Still, it is a difficult disorder to live with. Emotions are extremely painful and sharp with BPD. I am sure you know what I mean!

Im glad you are here with us, I hope to see you around!

2 Likes

Welcome!! This is a supportive and informative community. Sounds like you have done well with some of your addictions! Shows you CAN do it. :+1::+1:

2 Likes