Building my toolbox

Hi there !
I have restarted my sober journey a few times.I had long wondered whether or not I actually had a troubled relationship with alcohol. I know that some days are better than others. I also know and see myself living my best life when I am sober for many reasons. I am looking into making sobriety my number one priority and was hoping to get some guidance on the tools in your toolbox.

Book suggestions, podcasts, if you go to AA or other meetings, how do you cope with cravings, relationships, sticking to healthy habits.I understand I need to build new coping mechanisms just not sure where to begin. I am grateful for any and all suggestions on where to begin building my toolbox.

Thank you :pray:t3:

1 Like

This thread has links to many informative and helpful threads full of resources…I highly suggest going through it…

1 Like

You are correct in saying that you have to relearn coping mechanisms.
Basically, ride out the cravings, ride out the emotions. Just sit there with them. Learn how they make you feel. Once you know that you can defeat them, it gets easier.
The thread Sassy has posted is a great place.
I would also search around on here and read as much as you can from other people who have been there.
I can assure you that everything you need is on here.

3 Likes