Day 1 - Feeling Broken

Sipping a cup of tea hoping it’ll help clear my head. Still feeling drunk from last night. Went overboard again with beer and whisky. Passed out, another night of not restful sleep. I don’t know when this became my life. I just want to stop but I don’t know if I can. I wish I was as strong as the person I want to be. Reaching out on this app as a way of trying something different. My goal right now is to just make it to tomorrow with nothing but tea. If I can do that, maybe I can make it to the weekend sober. I don’t know if I can get through the weekend sober, but maybe I can just chill out. I don’t know what’s gonna happen. I’m just so tired of being this way. Maybe tonight I can actually sleep.

19 Likes

Try a meeting might help wish you well

6 Likes

Try changing your old routines for new and healthy ones. Take a walk and think of the good things that you want out of life.

3 Likes

Hi Greg :slightly_smiling_face: I think most of us feel like this when we come to the realization that we need to quit. I’m happy you found the community, because the people here are awesome and so supportive. You can do this, but not without connection to others who know what you’re going through. I hope you hang around. I’m going to post a couple links for you to check out. :slightly_smiling_face::purple_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you. I will check these out. It’s a pretty not great morning so thank you for being so nice.

4 Likes

Coming here was a great choice - welcome, amigo! I have absolutely been where you are more times than I can count, and it took as many of those mornings with that feeling as it took before I decided to take real steps to change. We can get stuck in that contemplating change stage for a long time before we take action. I see you posting here as an action step, so, well done! These small steps matter and can add up to incremental changes in our life. Recognizing you are not happy with what you’re doing is also a good step. Stick around, read a LOT, and you will find a lot of things you might just related to, some ideas of other things you can try on your journey toward changing and getting better at getting to where you want to be in your life. My name is Rosa and I am glad you’re here. Hang in there.

8 Likes

Welcome Greg! I’m glad you’re here. Don’t expect miracles overnight but if you are ready to choose a better life this community is a great place to start.

2 Likes

You are resilient, you can do this…lots of support here…spend a lot of time here focused, perhaps that will help?

1 Like

Welcome Greg. We all here know your pain, shame and sense of defeat and hopelessness.

You’re doing the right thing only looking to stay sober today. Then repeat tomorrow. Every day you ask yourself: what do I need to do today to protect my sobriety and build my recovery. We call this ODAAT in recovery, One Day At A Time.

Hope to read lots from you on here!

2 Likes

Hi Greg :blush: Just checking in to see how you’re doing. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. It might be easier for you to reach your goals if you have an understanding of why you drink. Most people do not get to this point for no reason. Are there uncomfortable feelings you’re trying to escape? What thoughts do you think to yourself that you aren’t even aware of? Understanding the “why” can be useful. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies. It’s important to know and understand your enemy so that you can win the fight.

Good luck. You are stronger than you think and you can do this.

1 Like

How did your week go? Welcome to the community! What type of tea did you go with? Thank you for sharing your story and know that we are here to talk! Real life people with similar pasts!

1 Like