Day 6! Really going through it

Hi there!
I just need to vent a bit. I am pretty excited about being sober. Alcohol has taken so much from me over the years, and I know that for me it only leads to ruined relationships, horrible anxiety and depression, and even death.
I’m on day 6, and decided to start a no contact period with my ex. We’ve been on again off again for like a year, and this decision is long over do. But he is also the only person I hang out with or talk to! I’m feeling really alone.
I’ve spent over a decade drinking my feelings away. This is pretty tough right now.
Thanks for reading, I appreciate this community.
:purple_heart:

4 Likes

Hi :raising_hand_woman:
Welcome to the community :slightly_smiling_face:
Its great to have you join us.

1 Like

Welcome and congratulations on 6 days. You’ve almost got that first week down! It sounds like it might be time to make some new friends, start a new project or hobby, and/or get to know yourself again and the things you enjoy. I’m glad you’re here! :slightly_smiling_face::yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome. It can be lonely in new sobriety. I tried to distract myself from the sad times with movies, books, music and naps until I felt social again, and I still don’t some days. Sobriety is not easy until you’ve sat with it for a while, but then it does get better. I wish you well. Thanks for reaching out.