Day one again, any ideas?

It seems I can’t find it in me to pass more then 3 days. I so tried of it. How do keep my mind elsewhere?

1 Like

maybe a meeting might help wish you well

2 Likes

You can do it, but you can’t do it alone. There are many resources here to help. I’m posting a few links below. Reach out, attend a meeting (online meetings are available, too), read, share your story… do the work, because it does take work. I’m happy you’re here. :slightly_smiling_face::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Relapse is a choice. May not feel like it, but hindsight for me showed it was a choice. How Did I string together days to make long term Sobriety?

1. I lived on here. Angry, I vented here. Lonely, became active here. Craving a drink, came on here and talked about it.

2. changed people, places and things. Anything that had anything to do with alcohol was gone.

3. filled my life with sober activites…chores, hobbies, reading, taught myself how to cook from scratch. Each day was so full, I was exhausted when I went to bed

4. walked…a lot…into the country.

That got me to 89 days…and I thought I would cave.

1. day 90 walked into AA. AA wasnt for me, but actively drinking wasnt for me either. So I swallowed my pride and started going to meetings…the rest is sober history.
9 Likes