Defeated by boredom

I had the day off. Today is my third day of not drinking. I’ve been cleaning and going through things. I’m trying to declutter. I’ve I’ve been a binge drinker since I was a teen. Getting healthy mentally and physically is so hard. I can’t seem to concentrate on anything. I feel defeated.

7 Likes

Totally normal feeling, but a good sign really. I think for me it was as hard to quit the drink as it was the chaos that was my mind and life when drinking.

The boredom is partly just the peace and quiet of an unmanageable life becoming more manageable! It’s different and weird at first.

The feeling passed though as I found new and productive ways to make use of all that time I used to spend chasing my next drink.

Three days is awesome, congrats! Any plans for today?

7 Likes

I understand how you’re feeling, and it sucks but it’s totally normal. You’ll start feeling better soon. :blush::purple_heart: I’m going to post a couple links for you to check out. Coming here, reading others’ stories, finding connections with people here, it will all help. Stick around :hugs:

4 Likes

Thank you. Your words truly make me feel hopeful. I’m getting rid of things. It always seemed to help me in the past. Then hopefully go skateboarding or ride my bike. I need to make more productive me time. What are you up to?

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I think having this community on here will help.

2 Likes

Working early today. Tonight going to a salsa dance class I’ve been taking with a sober friend. The kind of stuff I never had or made time for before. It’s been fun!

And getting the wheels out, nice! Feels good to get moving.

2 Likes

Boredom is so hard!! It’s my enemy. I’m always looking for things to do.

Keep up the good work

2 Likes

Congratulations on day 3 thats amazing :slightly_smiling_face:

I also found decluttering and changing the environment that i could around me to more positive really helped me, the sense if self achievement and clean home clean mind.

:grin:

1 Like