Drink alternatives?

Anything and everything… wine, beer, or mixed drinks were an indispensable part of my evening routine.

Thanks for the ideas everyone — I’ll try some of them tonight.

Combucha! It’s natural and delicious :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Tonic water was my go too as well. I did add cordial to it every so often but the tartness of it really satisfied my cravings for booze in the early days.

Now I am a tea hound, all sorts of teas. I am looking forward to making pitchers of iced teas this summer.

1 Like

Does drinking non alcoholic beer affect count against my sobriety date

1 Like

Zero alcohol means just that - you are not ingesting any alcohol with nonalcoholic beer (as long as it states on the label 0% ABV) so your sobriety date doesn’t come into it. However, there is a lot of debate about the pros and cons. Here is a thread you might want to check out for some people’s perspectives on it:

Within that thread is a link that @SassyRocks posted about frequently asked questions from newcomers. That’s definitely worth checking out.

Edit - here’s the direct link:

And welcome to the forum! Glad you posted your question.

2 Likes

Thank you im in NA but we don’t have a forum where we can ask such things anonymously id hate to go to my sponsor and he tell me I gotta change my clean date I have 6 months clean and serene and just drank a few 0% alcohol beers

1 Like

Yes,Kombucha is a favourite of mine too!
Good for the gut-contains good bacteria if l remember rightly.
Fizzy, lots of nice flavours,so hits the spot for not being boring.
Less sugar than soft drinks and tonics.
Apparently stabilises Blood Glucose Levels,so good option for diabetics and those trying to watch their weight.
Feels a bit more of a grown up drink than lemonade or Coke. Most kids will turn their nose up at it once they realise it has fermented bits in it…and when you mention the ‘mother fungus’!:rofl:

1 Like

I am not sure why your sponsor would say that. You didn’t drink alcohol or use any substances. However, if you feel like there is something more to it, it would be smart to talk to your sponsor about it. Honesty is important and they should be able to work through your concerns, if you have any. Highly doubtful you would be resetting because there was no drug/alcohol use, but I don’t have experience in NA. You could always start a new thread/topic and pose your question to the forum because there are plenty of people here who are in NA. That way you don’t derail the original poster (OP) thread topic more.

1 Like

Seconded, Heineken 0.0 is a great substitute for the real thing. Its great on bottle and acceptable on can. I highly recommend buying bottles for football games and such :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I honestly got a little teary when I realized it didn’t taste horrible 🥲

2 Likes

Same and same. I’ve had some of the alcohol free wines and they don’t do it for me. They taste like day old/flat wine.

I drink a lot of bubbly and La Croix, been healthier than my soda habit, and they don’t taste that bad.

Some people prefer nA beer and wine but I don’t think I could go that route but each to their own

2 Likes

When I first stopped, i found myself craving soda.
Dark stuff for the carbonation and caffeine, lemon stuff for the carbonation and sugar.
I eventually cut off the soda.

Quickly moved onto coffee and that has been my goto since. Not the healthiest but better than drinking alcohol.
I also started drinking cold presses, the bitterness radiates comfort within me for some reason.
Maybe I’m just weird on that last one haha

But most of all just basic water.

1 Like

Just plain old water for me or coffee.
Non alcoholic beer got me through a camping trip when I attempted sobriety in the past :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitly love kombucha too !!! I forgot all about it thanks for the reminder im on day 3 will get some tomorrow !
I would love to make my own seems quite tricky :see_no_evil::rofl:

2 Likes

9 Likes

That’s serious!

Even sober I have a drinking problem lol. I like options.

2 Likes

#fridgeenvy that’s one nicely stocked fridge :raised_hands:t3:
This at least is a positive drinking problem lol