First day out here

Hello, I’m not sure if anybody is going to read or respond but I’d thought I’d share my story here.

I’m quitting Marijuana after smoking a consistent 8 years. I started at 12 and I’m finally quitting at 20 years old. I’ve never took a month off in this time span.

I know Pot is supposedly not addictive and much safer to be addicted to then any other drug, but I’m here to tell you first hand that this shit can ruin lives if abused constantly.

I’m in college right now and I’m usually smoking all day every day. My grades are dropping and I feel like I’m not growing and becoming a better version of myself each day.

I need to quit to improve my life. I’d love to prove that this is possible for myself. I never thought I’d reach out like this but if anybody has any experience with this type of shit/ or has any advice for someone like me I’d love to hear it.

Thanks for reading.

10 Likes

Welcome to the community, Everett. I’m glad you made the decision to quit. My problem was with alcohol, but there are many people here who can offer some good advice. I’m gonna give you a couple of links for some reading. It really helps me to read other’s stories. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It is good you have decided to stop. The help is here for you. Marijuana takes away a lot of drive, ambition and incentive. You will be happier and more productive without it! Welcome to this community.

2 Likes

Welcome, you are in the right place for support :blush:

1 Like

Hi Everett, and welcome to this wonderful community! You’re doing great going sober off the weed. You are in college, you have your whole life to live! It’s amazing you want to do this for yourself! You are worth it and life will be a lot better, you’ll feel better.

Well, it’s probably time to examine the ridiculous lies that fed your addiction. Pot is highly addictive. And it leads to psychosis if done long enough. There’s medical evidence to this. And in psychosis, well, your life falls apart obvs.
🤷

You can let go of these beliefs now. We all had them in our addiction. I believed that ppl with my amount of inner pain and conflict were allowed to be drunks. Lots of alcoholic writers were my heros. This makes me sad now, that I needed this justification. That was how strongly I needed to not be in my life.

We all get another chance and I’m happy for you to be taking this step! Have a good read around here, there is so much to learn and cool ppl to connect with!

See you around!

2 Likes

I’m going to second what @Faugxh shared. There a number of people on this forum that are quitting weed. And it is an addiction. Don’t be fooled by the lie that it can’t be addictive.

Welcome.

2 Likes

But a drug never the less, i think of drugs like crutches if i always need them to lean on i probably wont ever fully get back on my feet.

2 Likes