6 I’m greatful my parents can enjoy their retirement without worrying about me
7 I’m greatful I have my little home that I love
8 I’m greatful I rescued teddy dog ! He’s the best
9 I’m greatful I have a job to support myself and Millie
10 I’m greatful I have god in my life to guide me through my recovery x

9 Likes

Today I’m greatful to be clean and soba and alive
2 I’m greatful to my morning coffee and not drugs
3 I’m greatful my daughter is getting better each day and there is a breakthrough in her illness
4 I’m greatful to wake up and have a lovely message from my son
5 I’m greatful I have my boy teddy who brings so much happiness to my family
6 I’m greatful my parents can enjoy their retirement without worrying about me
7 I’m greatful I have this amazing app and so many amazing inspiring friends
8 I’m greatful I have my little home that is my haven
9 I’m greatful I don’t take drugs to function
10 I’m greatful I have god in my life to guide me through my journey x

4 Likes

I just started journaling this.

My kids
My health
My Dad

3 Likes

I’m grateful to have a job
I’m grateful for my family
I’m grateful for my dog and chickens
I’m grateful for my commitments

These are the reasons I get out of bed and keep going even when I really don’t want to.

I’m also really grateful for this forum. Even though it doesn’t get me out of bed (lying here thinking about getting up as we speak :see_no_evil:) it is such a lifeline to me.

5 Likes

I’m thankful for the mental toughness and advocacy that my 4 year old son has. He is a challenge lately but it’s certainly giving me opportunities to perfect my patience and communication.

I’m grateful that I have the ability to keep my home warm and healthy food in our fridge. I don’t have to worry about finances to make those purchases.

I am making progress. However much it feels like the opposite I can’t forget all of the new ideas and ways of thinking that I have absorbed. There are emotional and physiological changes that I can easily notice now after a slip. Being aware of those things takes the appeal out of acting out but it certainly hasn’t stopped the craving.

4 Likes

Today I am grateful for my 15 days milestone.

I am also grateful I have got to the end of a working day and am not thinking of getting a gin and tonic, but am getting ready to take my son football training and getting a hot chocolate on our way home.

One last thankful thought for today is speaking to my mum in Vietnam, and her saying I sound different - happy. A massive achievement, even though it sounds small.

Loving being grateful and thankful to share these feelings on this app. It really does help. Life not so lonely and dark anymore x

3 Likes

Today I’m thankful for finding a potential sponsor in my state who takes his responsibility as a sponsor very seriously and who has a knowledge of the big book that is exhaustive. Walked me through the first couple of steps on our first call.

I am grateful for mint chocolate chip ice cream. It got me through last night.

I’m at 8 days free from my inner circle behaviors and that feels good. I’ve been pretty low the past couple of months and I’ve felt the power of surrendering my will recently. Even though my sobriety number isn’t great I’ve done some things to be of service that I’m proud of.

3 Likes

2 I’m greatful my daughter is enjoying college and feeling more settled
I’m greatful to my son and grandsons who al ways put as smile on my face
4 I’m greatful I could got to the woods with my dog and take my time to notice the beauty of different colours of a winter day
5 I’m greatful I have my little home it’s lovely to have a home that my family can come see me
6 I’m greatful to having a job so I can support myself and daughter
7 I’m greatful to the many meetings in my hometown.
8 I’m greatful I can help others in recovery and show them my experience strengh and hope.
9 I’m greatful to you guys and this app . I never thought when I downloaded it how important it’s been for my recovery. Bless all of you .
10 I’m greatful I have my higher power I call him God. He’s helping me find myself and I’m loving every minute of it x

3 Likes
  1. Im grateful for having a family thats still with me after 10 years of drug abuse.
  2. Im grateful for having 2 healthy and happy kids.
  3. Im grateful for the nice walk in the sun i took today.
  4. Im grateful for having a day off and a lazy afternoon reading this forum and taking care of myself.
  5. Im grateful for not having touched cocaine today even if i considered it for a few minutes.
5 Likes

Today I am grateful for an attitude of willingness.

1 Like

2 I’m greatful to my beautiful card and present from my very dear friend
3 I’m greatful to have found this app and my new soba family
4 I’m greatful my family are happy and healthy and support me in my recovery
5 I’m greatful to my son 4 beautiful photos of my grandsons
6 I’m greatful I have a home that’s a real home not a crack house
7 I’m greatful to have my dog teddy who I love so much
8 I’m greatful I have plans 4 tomorrow and not fuck them up
9 I’m greatful I have a fellowship that understand me
10 I’m greatful to the big fella… my God. X xxx

5 Likes

3 Likes

Grateful to have the support of this forum
Grateful to realise this is where I need to be
Grateful for the love of my family

1 Like

Hey @Hairytrees love your gratitude. This thread is kinda old. The link below is pretty active if youd like to check in on a thread with more action!

Thank you CJP, back here yet again after a few years, will find my feet again soon :slight_smile: thanks for the help!

Welcome back! I love this place

A post was merged into an existing topic: Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2