Hi, I’m new here 👋

Looking for resources online for accountability and ran across this app so giving it a try.

I’ve always been the “life of the party” type of gal and always down for a drink and happy hour for the past 15 years.

The last several years I have found myself drinking alone, going on several day binges, and around 9 months ago took a real hard look in the mirror at myself which led me down the path to admitting I have a problem with alcohol.

I started off with a 21 day “cleanse” in November/December and that lasted 25 days total and then several week to two week sobriety steaks sprinkled over the months since then.

I will say I have stopped daily consumption and significantly decreased my binging episodes but still need to get to that desire to never drink again because any amount of alcohol is an opportunity for me to slide down that slippery slope and my ultimate goal is to live a 100% alcohol free life.

So here I am!

Recommendations on ways to capitalize on this resource and app would be helpful.

If you read this far, thank you for listening!

18 Likes

Howdy. Welcome.

1 Like

We have resources! So you’ve come to the right place. Welcome, Lulu.

Check out these threads for starter ideas:

3 Likes

Hey!! I’m on day 1 also! Was so scared but day was ended up being ok! I just keep telling myself taking a step in better than saying I’ll take that step tomorrow. :heart:

3 Likes

Welcome :heart:

1 Like

Welcome. I am glad you found your way here, and hope you will stay.

Best time to pick your “rock bottom” is now. You do know that we get to pick our “bottom”, don’t you? Well, we can.

My last bender was almost 4 years ago. I hadn’t gotten a dui. Never lost a job due to drinking. I did almost lose my marriage though. My drinking entered “terminal stage” after my mom passed. I ran from the grief, and in doing so I “checked out” emotionally from my marriage. I was “walking dead”, and my wife was at the end of her rope.

I remember my last drunk. I felt like something was chasing me, and drank with a purpose that Sunday. The next day, I could see the look of resignation in my wife’s eyes, and at that moment I decided to never drink again, choosing that as my rock bottom.

I can say this: It was hard those first few weeks, but it got better, because I got better at getting better. I’ve never regretted quitting, and I embrace “forever”. Keep trying, grinding, pushing forward. Keep coming here to learn, share, and grow!

7 Likes

Hi @Lulu23, welcome :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Welcome!! Just read a lot and post as much as you want, that’s what really helped me in the early days and still helps me every day. The support here is amazing and unlike anything else I’ve experienced!

Anything you want to know, you can search it and it’s probably been discussed at least a little bit already. I love coming here everyday and sharing the triumphs and battles everyone is working through. Glad you’re here!

4 Likes

Hi, I’m day 4 also a newby Iv found this app really helps everyone is so open and honest, you don’t feel judged. So far so good :+1:

3 Likes

Welcome Lulu.
I’ve found this forum to be a great help in my sobriety.
Practicing gratitude has been my best tool. I never miss a morning doing my gratitude list right here.

And a lot of people use this one to check in daily to be accountable and get and give support.

Getting support is the key. I could never get sober alone. Hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Welcome! Looks like you’ve already gotten a lot of great replies, so I’ll just say dive into the threads and links they gave you, look into the threads that interest you that don’t have to do with sobriety, use the daily check in thread, and in general get to know people.

You’ll be able to find a digital support group you can take with you anywhere.

Great job on your sobriety. You are doing amazing.

2 Likes

Hi Lulu and a warm welcome to you!
My advise would be: read a lot here!
There are plenty of treads with info about all you wanna know about your addiction.
Reading and being here a lot helped me to stay focussed and sober.
Within 2 weeks I have my 3 year sober milestone with the help of this app and the people in it.
If I can, so do you :facepunch:

2 Likes

Welcome, this is a great first step

1 Like

Thank you!!! Starting to learn to navigate the platform!

2 Likes

Welcome! I hope u find the community helpful, I know I did.

1 Like

Welcome - it’s very early days for me but I’m finding the community really helpful! :wave:

2 Likes

Hi day 2 and new here also …over 10 years alcohol dependant and I’m determined to kick this habit once and for all. Its nice to know you are not on your own here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome. I was addicted to alcohol and drugs for ten years. 2 years two months clean today.

1 Like

So true!

You got this :muscle:

1 Like