Hi new member

Hi thought id take the plunge and introduce myself as i start this fight ive fought many times im currently 13 days in and have had some hits these last few days but have stayed stong and kept going. My drinking is binge drinking to the point i black out or do something stupid and wake with regrets and guilt as i think a few on here will have aswell, i suffer from depression and anxiety and drinking is making it so hard ive literally thought about ending it all but havent which im happy about ive recently seperated from my wife as i think we were on different psths and my drinking played apart in that too but i also think i need to be on my own to concentrate on myself and getting better. Ive found a new passion in hiking and love being outdoors again rather a dingy pub or drinking at home. This has to be the last time as im not sure how much more strength i have left so am giving it 100 % hope not gone on to long lol and wish everyone the very best and a sober happy life x

22 Likes

Welcome Chris.
Congrats on your 13 days.
This is a great sober community to get and give support which helps keep me sober.

I really love the gratitude thread. It helps with my depression and anxiety and it’s a great way for me to start the day. Whether I’m reading it or writing it. It’s a nice way for me to get my morning thoughts out on here.

Come on over. Join in when your comfortable. The lights are always on and we can always use a fresh grateful look at things.
:pray:t2::heart:

7 Likes

It’s a New start :sparkles: wishing you the best

2 Likes

Welcome. You have fun a great community, who understand addiction. You are off to a great start. Keep checking in.

3 Likes

Welcome to the sober party! Good job on 13 days. Keep working it and things get better!

Read around lots

3 Likes

Hi Chris, I am new to this too. My drinking sounded similar to you and am currently licking my wounds from my last blackout drinking session. Getting out with my dogs on long walks has been helping manage my mental health so far. I wish you all the very best

4 Likes

Welcome to TS! There are a lot of great people here! You can read around and find some tools for your sober toolbox and make some friends along the way! Congratulations on 13 days!

1 Like

10 days for me. Deep, heavy sleep is a bonus I hadn’t considered. Of course. I’m addicted to alcohol, what do I need sleep for? Grateful to be alive and awake and getting fewer and fewer cravings. And especially grateful for real sleep, without leg sweats. Peace to all. Imma take this one day at a time.

1 Like

Congratulations…keep your head up!!! You can do this

3 Likes

Welcome to Talking Sober. :hugs:
Yahoo!! 13 days, I’m really proud of you. :heartpulse: Wishing to you more days being sober and full of strenght. Together we can do it!

1 Like

Hi yes going strong climbed a mountain today in wales would never have done that before 50 days sober 2moro thanks for all your kind words x

5 Likes

Hey, nice one. Looks like you had some lovely Welsh weather :sunny:

1 Like

Congrats! Looks like an amazing hike, 23km is no joke! (Especially in the rain :grimacing:)
I have also found that using a tracker to record my outings, distance and time is very motivating.
I set monthly goals for myself and check my tracker before I plan my next activities to meet my goals.
Happy trails! ODAAT

2 Likes