I wanna feel happy

5 months sober. Im sad today, cant drink… but i want to feel happy or feel something different idk i was thinking about when i use to self harm or when i use to take pills i just want something to up this emtyness or sadness that im feeling

6 Likes

Some days we have to just experience and go through the lows in order to know that we will can and do make it through them. I know that’s perhaps not what you hoped to hear but I certainly know how you feel. A gratitude list can help or getting outside for a walk to get fresh air and vitamin D. Hope you hang in there and cheer up soon.

5 Likes

I dont wanna feel the lows i never have , im just tired i guess of everything

1 Like

Congratulations on the 5 months Emily.
Awesome work there.
I get sad. Minor depression off and on ever since I became sober. I don’t really think about drinking tough. I’ve come too far to have to go through that hell again.

Sometimes I head over to the gratitude thread and list little things I’m grateful for. Like my sobriety. No hangovers. General good health.

Next thing you know I got a pretty good list of things written out. Sometimes it helps. It certainly doesn’t hurt. And I read other’s gratitude on here. See how they are dealing with things and some of the stuff they are so grateful for. This staying clean and sober can be tough work sometimes. And the sad feelings like all the other feelings come and go.
ODAAT.
I’m glad you checked in.
:pray:t2::heart:

Oh and that meme threads helps me a lot too.

3 Likes

I dont think thats gonna make feel better i know all that i know the negative im living with someone dying from it honestly im not a very mentally stable person

2 Likes

Tell us about it.
Let out here.
When I feel like shit I find it helps to just let it all out here. Even if I don’t get the answers I’m looking for. Just getting out there and off my mind helps me.
Sorry you’re feeling so down on yourself. It’s hard knowing someone that’s dying from addiction. If that is what you mean.

1 Like

Yeah… that is what i ment. Idk what i want sometimes idk how i feel dont think ive ever really been okay thats why i would drink so damn much , or maybe its normal to feel miserable or suicidal or feel like running away and im just real shit and dealing with it.

3 Likes