Im having a really hard time by myself

Freshly sober almost 3 days by myself this is really hard! I’m really struggling. I don’t want to lose this battle, a addict by himself is in the wrong company :pensive:

16 Likes

Hi and welcome ! Congratulations on 3 days !! You’re not alone. When I first joined I felt the same and just kept reading and reading. It helped me a lot. So many people are here and care.

4 Likes

Welcome, Danny! Im glad you’re here. You have more strength than you know! The first week is tough. Stick around…🙋

5 Likes

Warm welcome to the community, Danny. If you’re physically going through this alone, I know that’s really rough, but you CAN do this. The first week or so is definitely the hardest, but you’ll start feeling better. I agree with both posts above… come here and read, ask for help, tell us how you’re feeling. It’s very important to let it all out. Things are tough right now, but with your strength and this community’s support, you’re gonna get through it. :purple_heart::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Try posting here, too, so more of the group will see your post and can join in with support. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Sending love and strength

4 Likes

Hey

You don’t ever have to feel alone. This world is riddled with us and this forum has at least one in every time zone. Three days is great, first week sucks just keep your eye on the prize.

Some ways I kept myself busy those first 10 days…

• painting (was never an artist before by why not!)
  • read day and night on here
  • listening to recovery podcasts
  • read lots of self help/recovery type literature
  • got out walking as much as I could

You can always reach out on here… I will link some threads to start your countless hours of reading on.

Happy you are here.
:blush:

Welcome to the forum! 2021 edition :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I know how you feel am also at day 3 I thought it was 4 but it’s 3 days sober, my husband left me and am all alone as well but be strong keep coming to this forum it helps because we all here understand the struggle it’s the hardest thing ever but just keep thinking how much better you’ll feel with time. I understand :cry:

3 Likes

Good on you for taking the step in the right direction! I know how day 3 feels even though I now have 2yrs 25days clean and sober in the books and going strong. AA meetings really helped me in the early days - never alone and people know the struggle first hand. Don’t know if you are open to that but it helped me. Otherwise keep coming here …. Lots of people who know the struggle and really care

4 Likes

How are you doing, Danny?

1 Like

Well done for taking the step to be sober Danny mate! Welcome to this site it’s very useful.

SMART RECOVERY has some great stuff that has helped me.

This naked mind is a great book to read or listen to on audible.

Many people go to AA meetings and their are lots of experienced people on this community.

My advice from my experience is to understand your problem and use all the tools that help. Including this app daily. I slipped on Friday for the first the in 3 years. I stopped engaging with the tools that gote to 3 years.

Something to think about is that for me the mind is constantly trying to trick you to get back on the booze. Even when you think you’ve nailed it the possibility is still there.

I wish you the best in your journey. You can do this, you are not alone, we are all very different but all connected through our addiction and more importantly our desire to master it

1 Like

I was feeling alone as well when I started this journey , then I found this app and I just love chatting with others on here. I felt understood and supported. So yes, stick around. There are many topics to talk about.

2 Likes

I’m doing OK still sober!! It’s been really tough Alot of emotions I’m really not used to or fond of feeling but I really can’t go back to how I was living

2 Likes

Well it’s day 21 here sometimes get scared cause well I guess cause if change but this is the best move u have maid in so long hope everyone is doing great