I'm having a tough day

I’ve been trying to live without help for too long. I keep relapsing. I try to keep going but the devastation that comes with the failure has me broken this time. I’m shaking with fear. I hope to read lots on here to help keep my focus this time.

5 Likes

Certainly there are plenty of threads to read to keep you occupied so that’s a plus. I know that feeling of defeat, it is soul sucking. I am glad you reached out.

Maybe you will find some inspiration here…

5 Likes

Hi Keven, sorry to hear you’ve be struggling. It’s near impossible to do alone and it doesn’t have to be that way (although I think we all try it that way at some point). Lots of support and guidance to be found on these threads and posts! This forum has played a huge role in my recovery, I hope it does for you too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks. I got great encouragement here a few years ago but I stopped working on myself. I’m trying to start again.

1 Like

I’ve been living this for years so I’ve tried a good few things. On a waiting list for CBT course, with a hope of getting better at recognising when I’m ready for a slip. I usually have a few good weeks then out of the blue I lose control

1 Like

I’ve been in the same boat, I find reading other people’s stories, advice & support has given me hope that I can actually do it this time. One thing I’ve read that helps is reading one day at a time & choose to be sober today. It’s baby steps, the days will rack up & the more you do it the more you’ll feel you CAN do it. Checking in every day on here is also helping.

5 Likes

I find reading other ppls journeys so helpful because I realize I’m not alone, us addicts beleive wete a special bunch of individuals but in reality we think and feel the same thought patters, I’m just coming back from an almighty relapse, I wish you all the very best, give yourself lots of self care and lots of love your so worth it. Xx

4 Likes