In desperate need of ideas. 🙏🏽

Clean Time: 3 Days (:snowflake:)

Hitting three days feels great. :white_heart: But I’ve hit a difficult part in this journey. Weekends. :grimacing: I was always able to justify using on weekends because my daughter stays with her dad. It is a dangerous time for me - and I fully realize the weekends are my biggest risk for a relapse. Me & idle time are not the best of friends right now…

During the week I am able to…
•Utilize my recovery coach.
•Weekly therapy.
•Classes all morning 3-5 days a week for mental health/addiction.
•Work occupies my mind for sure.
•I have my daughter to keep me busy. :breast_feeding:t4:
•I also attend a group for mothers struggling with addiction.

So as you can see I do my absolute best to fill my time up. :crossed_fingers:t4:

However, these things aren’t available to me Sat-Sun… :sweat:

I need some suggestions on how I can fill up my weekends with positive things to help keep me going down the right path. :raised_hands:t4:

I was thinking…
•NA meetings on Zoom.

But other than that I’m at a bit of a loss. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

NA meetings on zoom are a good idea! There’s meetings happening all over the world so you can find one pretty much 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.

Hanging out on Talking Sober is fun too :innocent:

There’s the Friday Thread:

I like to spend time here just giving positive comments and encouraging people. It feels good and it passes the time.

Are there some interests or hobbies you can get into? Crafting, gaming, hiking, knitting, cooking… there’s so many how-to videos on YouTube. Think of something you want to learn, and go for it!

5 Likes

One thing I always heard that was so true. Was what am I gonna do now that I’m sober, and they would always say w.e the fuck I want. Literally now you can do anything on the weekend that you want bc your sober and not getting high. Cocaine was one of my doc as well, idk I honestly don’t do much, sit home chill draw, yeah I struggle alot probably my own fault. But it beats being geeked out and paranoid. Making smoothies is fun, walks, idk like I said w.e you want :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Heya congrats on your 3 days!
Here are some useful links, if you are anything Iike me you will get lost reading on the forum all weekend.

3 Likes

I’ve found outside stuff like the yard, weeding, landscaping and hunting or fishing to be my go to things. But, I’m a nerdy treebilly from Oregon!

2 Likes

Its the end of the weekend here, how did you manage?, good i hope :smiley:

One of my go to moves is doing my chores. Dishes and mopping, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, laundry, cook a nice meal … all things I neglected before, I always have music playing to make it more enjoyable and it feels real good to have a clean place when your done

3 Likes

I did well. :slightly_smiling_face: I now have 5 days clean. I also attended and spoke at my first ever NA meeting. Tomorrow I’ll be going to the local peer recovery center with my recovery coach so… Good weekend for sure. :love_you_gesture:t4:

4 Likes

yayyy well done

1 Like

That’s funny that you said that! My last two weekends were spent reading all the amazing forum posts.

1 Like

@Chikai You go girl !!! Hope you enjoyed your meeting. Im addicted to my AA meetings :stuck_out_tongue: