Just struggling

Hey guys, I am new to this app but so far its looking pretty good… It may actually help me keep in contact with others better. But really I was going to meetings about 2 times a day, I was loving them, I was feeling so great about myself… I was happy… then I do not know what happened. All I know is that I was down in bed with a HORRIBLE toothache, I finally got it pulled yesterday… but ever since the day I had the toothache and decided to skip out on that day of meetings, I haven’t been back?!? Started getting depressed again, started being really harsh to myself… IM STILL CLEAN but my mental health is slowly getting worse again I feel like… I do not like it, I mean I guess it could be from me being out of my medication??? I need to make an appointment with another therapist Monday… but ughhhhh, I hate this… anyway sorry for the rant… really just wanted to check this app out and see if I get any replies to my bitch session

9 Likes

The hardest part is getting that initial motivation for me. I suffer from alot of all or nothing thinking like i have to get back to 2x meetings a day which would seem like alot and i would be paralized to take action. What works for me is starting by doing a little. Try to make one meeting this weekend. Baby steps to get back on that path.

5 Likes

For me early on i had all kinds of emotions going on and feeling like i was struggling at one put just to get out of bed. For me it was just the change my mind n body was going through bc this was new. I’ve learned i will have ups n downs on this journey thats why i just have to take it one day at a time and not pick up a drink. As it was mentioned take baby steps get up get dressed n hit that one meeting n let everything else fall in place. Good to have you here n keep coming back.

3 Likes

First- Welcome to the forum! :blush:
I’m very sorry you are struggling today. I am feeling similar. Just a really lonely day. I found a meeting and started going earlier this year but then took a trip back in May to see some family and I haven’t been back to the meeting. Your post is a reminder to me to get my ass back over there so thank you for posting how you are feeling today. I hope you start feeling a bit better soon and yes you should see your therapist. If you have been on meds you shouldn’t stop them because it can take a toll on your mental health as you are seeing today.

2 Likes

Welcome! This is a good place to visit for support, guidance, inspiration, And even if you just feel like venting. No judgements! Take a look around and see what speaks to you. Wish you well!

3 Likes

Welcome. Perhaps find an online meeting to start you back on the right track. Bring without your meds could also be affecting you. I know for me if o go off my meds or skip got a couple days I start to slip into the dark whole.

1 Like

Welcome Jimmi. This has been a great sober forum for me to get and give support. Being active on here keeps me sober. So many great threads to read and post on. I start my days right here.

Have a good read around and join in when your comfortable.
ODAAT.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Welcome! I’m sorry you’re not having a good day. I can’t recommend enough checking in here as much as you can. It’s helped me so much and all the advice and support here is invaluable.
I hope to see you around.
:heart::v:

1 Like

Thank you all, I really appreciate the feedback, honestly I didn’t think I would get any so I’m very grateful for you all… :heart: