New to this sober app

Hey! Welcome to the forum. It’s an awesome place; lots of helpful advice, great support & awesome people, and fun times too! Stick around. Read lots! :blush:

1 Like

Thanks Salty! Really hoping this is the end of my drinking for good. My wife and kids are kinda hanging in the balance

3 Likes

Welcome! It’s good to have you! You’ll always get support here.

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot. Just got some shitty news this morning. My wife and her dad were supposed to be coming home today from visiting family, but they’re staying another couple nights. First thing I thought was I should go grab a bottle and just relax and drink with nothing to worry about.

Sorry to hear you’ve had some bad news, glad you are here and posting instead of pouring a drink!

Welcome to the forum, take a look around (you might find the frequently asked questions helpful), read and reach out whenever you need to :pray::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thanks. Withdrawals are starting to kick in pretty good. Waiting for a call from my doctor to hopefully get something to help with them for the next couple days

1 Like

welcome! Congrats on ur time sober! This app has been so wonderful for me and I hope u get alot out of it. Wonderful people here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you guys done the whole AA thing too ?

1 Like

Oh yes :slight_smile: I’ve gone to AA, CA, NA and MA. I actually really enjoyed it and found that I got the most recovery time when attending meetings consistently and doing the steps. I find recovery can be very lonely. And having the support of this forum and from meetings really helped. I dont attend meetings anymore since I’ve moved provinces. But I’m thinking about going back. I currently attend NA and AA meetings online through “In The Rooms”

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about going back. They kind of worked for me. They had a little too much emphasis on god for my taste. But I think this forum will definitely help for now

3 Likes

Ya the God/Higher Power concept is definitely present in 12 step meetings. Took me quite awhile to develop my own idea of a Higher Power but once I did the meetings made abit more sense. This app is so helpful tho. I like not feeling so alone in recovery which the app had helped with.

1 Like

I just can’t wait til my wife gets home. She makes it a lot easier

2 Likes

Welcome, the community here has helped me immensely since I started my sobriety.

I’m sorry to hear you’ll have to tough out the first few nights alone, I know the feeling and agree that having my wife around makes it easier not to drink. Stay strong!

2 Likes

Welcome! I am new to the app myself, but have really been enjoying it and finding strength here. Best of luck to you and remember, the people and posts in here are a heck of a resource!

4 Likes

Thanks I just requested

I’ve been doing a lot of reading on this page and am finding it very helpful. I appreciate all of your support. And wish you all the best in your recovery as well

1 Like

Hey @DevLock,

I’m new here too. Couldn’t miss the logo on your profile… I’m sure looking forward to seeing our boys hit the ice and looking forward to making history with the cup! If we can keep Jake outta the night clubs!!! :rofl:
Best of luck in your sobriety. I’m 31 days in and loving it. Hard work tho. This group will be key for me.

1 Like

welcome and stay hydrated - lots of water!!! :heart:

Welcome. As long as you never stop trying, you always have the ability to succeed. You can do this. Your future is worth it.

1 Like