Take eight

Hi I have been drinking and cocaineing regularly for last 6month. It makes me lose control of who I am and am here to start sober again. Any advice welcome.

8 Likes

Welcome to the community!

Check out some of the links in the thread below, there’s a lot of useful information in them :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

For me, being active here, being open to advice here, and AA

4 Likes

I really don’t know why but the idea of aa scares me . Maybe scared if it dont work where next

1 Like

Welcome! This community has helped me so much, and I’m only on my 3rd Day! It’s nothing like having supportive people at a click of a button!

Sending love, light, and positive vibrations to you :sparkles:

2 Likes

For most of us, it scared us. Let’s face it, you dont roll into your first AA meeting feeling all that great.

Getting clean and sober is about fixing why we drink and use. Most of us cant do that by ourselves. Until we get honest with ourselves, it’s tough. If not AA, something! It’s going to take getting out of your comfort zone.

5 Likes

Thank you that makes complete sense .
I will have to get brave and make it happen.
I want to be a good dependable father and boyfriend

2 Likes

Aa meeting tomorrow at 7pm nearby im saying I’m going on here so I can’t back out.
What to expect ?

6 Likes

They are always so happy when a new person walks in, they all were new once too.
Im glad you’re here, Neil! 🙋

5 Likes

Bravest thing you will ever do is ask for help. We will be here for you

2 Likes

Walk in, find an open chair. They will ask if anyone is here for the first time. If you want, raise your hand and simply say your name. Then set back and take it all in. My first meeting was the best thing I ever did. I walked in scared, embarrassed, afraid…walked out feeling good

5 Likes

Please let us know how the meeting went. You’re doing an awesome thing!

And welcome to TS

1 Like

AA saved my life and gave me a better one ,cant ask for anything more, wish you well

3 Likes

Just take it easy, one foot in front of the other. Theres no right or wrong way getting clean/sober the important thing for me was listening to others that paved the way before me.

2 Likes