Checking in daily to maintain focus #38

Apparently not, else you wouldn’t be afraid of it :slight_smile:

Bingo. Without a leap of faith, no one would change their lives around.

Sometimes all it takes, is a simple comparison. If those who took that leap of faith appear to be happier than those in active addiction, it’s probably worth it.

3 Likes

Morning :sunny::sunrise_over_mountains:. Getting a bit nervous, first day back for second semester at uni. (I’m a mature student so I already have paranoid hang ups of not being good enough next to A level kids)…
I’m looking forward to new material, but I’m getting a belly ache and gonna have some brekkie. :pray::pray::pray:

11 Likes

Still a toilet and bathroom to clean in our old house and some assembling to do in my ex’ new house.

This evening the online memorial service from the Dutch Sangha’s, first one in my own language.

Finally I’m calming down again but the release of stress and tension of years goes too slow. Each time I get to let go a bit of it, I have to get back on board again. It feels somewhat hopeless, like I’ll never be at ease again. But hopefully after next term on board, when all is back to normal, I’ll finally have all the time to myself again.
But well, at least I accepted and admitted that I’m burnt out again and after almost 4 years of stress followed by a breakup and moving, I understand it had to happen (again).

On the bright side : from here on, there finally a new life ahead of me. The real me. Acceptance took some time but sometimes it just feels like letting go a big weight we’ve carried around forever.

“To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.”
That quote from Thich Nhat Hanh was posted by someone in my online Sangha at the same time I shared there and in my NA homegroups that I finally was ready to accept myself.
It’s a beautiful thought in a way, that he passed away shortly after I got to that point. Like he waited for that to happen.

21 Likes

Hi I am day 1! This site looks fab. There is so much info I’m not sure where to start or what to do! Is there an app I can use to help me? :blush:

17 Likes
  1. Coffee. It’s that time of the year where I really start longing for spring. Also has to do with the fact it has been grey outside for days. Well, it can’t be helped. I’ll have to practice patience. Also I have to work on getting the grey wintry feeling out of my own head, because I’m feeling that a bit as well. And I can do something about that.
    Feeling I could be on my way towards depression. Very early stages yet, and plenty of time and room to prevent it. Going to start that right now. Physical exercising I already am. Need to do some mental health stuff. Therapy will stop in a couple of months and I need to be prepared for that. Got to move on with my life. My social life. Retracted in my shell a bit. Work wise, social life wise, every wise. Been taking steps back and it’s time to move forward again.
    Thank god I’m sober and clean. That means I actually can work on myself. That means I see there is a problem in the first place. That means I can move forward. Never again going back to drinking and drugging.
    Have as good a day as you all can friends. Make it clean and sober. It’s the only way towards a better life for all of us. One day at a time. Love from Amsterdam.
29 Likes

Welcome to your sobriety and welcome to this place Julie! For me Talking Sober has been the difference between failures in the past and success this time. There’s tons of support to be found here, support to get and support to give, as well as a huge body of knowledge about addiction and how to beat it. The more the stronger we are so very happy to have you aboard! This thread is one of the busiest ones on the forum, so you’ve come to a good place to begin your journey on this forum and in your sober life.
There is an app associated with this forum called Sober Time, both on Android and iOS. To learn about how the forum works, let me give you some links:

Wishing you happy reading & happy participating and hope to see more of you Julie!

12 Likes

Beautiful Pictures…what a blessing. Thanks for sharing.:pray:t5: #goals

1 Like

Day 532

Husband had booster yesterday, was ok this morning so we went for breakfast and walking, but he felt it this afternoon, and was too bad to even open medicine packets unaided :joy::triumph:.

Have been feeling pretty on the ball lately, then today got a call that I forgot to take my son to his programming class. It is once a month, and easy to forget. Even sober monkeys fall from trees.

26 Likes

Good Morning Mno

Great job on your awareness and preparation. Gave me some well needed insight this morning.:sunflower:

2 Likes

Happy Tuesday Talking Sober family.

Had a difficult evening… teenagers and 10 yer old requiring a lot of support to stay in task complete homework etc …the regular. I think I was just oververly sensitive because I was tired from work and had a headache.

Went to a meeting and my mood reversed back to gratitude and strength. I’m thankful for being sober and not reaching to.my old ways to deal…I am thankful for being a present and active mother and sober for the evening routine instead of halfway in .

Breath…

Some to dos today…goal is to complete my Yoga assignment then will reward myself tomorrow with a well needed Mani/pedi and gold cross I am gifting myself for my progress but more importantly for my faith strengthing. So grateful for both. My HP…heals

Have a great sober and serene 24.,:purple_heart::pray:t5:

21 Likes

…“even sober monkeys fall from trees”…love this. Thank-you it seems I fall quite often. Glad I can laugh at myself. Bookmarked this one.:purple_heart:

3 Likes

So much for evolution theory :rofl:

3 Likes

Good morning friends, day 437! Still in kind of a funk, but getting there…
Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

21 Likes

Checking in on day 228 where the temperature is -13F/-25C with a -31F/-35C windchill :cold_face:

16 Likes

Checking in, 445 days without alcohol. I feel lonely, not that I’m alone, but because of the people who stepped out of my life or let go of my hand when in trouble. I don’t know how to get out of this and how to let resentment go, I’m hurt and disappointed. I’m not sure if I can build up trust once I’ve lost it, but at the same time I’m unable to let those people go for good. I’m stuck in this emotional trap and that prevents me from connecting to the few who stayed by me.

24 Likes

Love this! Lol :laughing:

1 Like

And her I am Checking into a hotel for the week to escape the heat wave that has desended apon us poor humans here lol :laughing:

We are literally living polar opposites :rofl: that fascinates me!

4 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 590. I hope everybody has a good one!

19 Likes

Day 69

Hello all! Just checking in, hope everyone is having a great day, if your not, take a moment to count your blessings, We are all here, fighting to be sober. Thankful to be Sober and never looking back. Have a wonderful day everyone.

18 Likes

Day 36

I had the most vivid and realistic dream that I relapsed. It felt so real. I even had to reset my counter which felt heartbreaking.

I was so relived to wake up and realize that I did not, in fact, drink a few bottles of wine. It feels so much better to be sober!

25 Likes