Checking in daily to maintain focus #55

Checking in
Day 470
Beautiful day here where i live. Feeling pretty good overall. I woke up at 5am to exercise and actually felt energized afterwards. Had my morning coffee and went on a 3 hour paid zoom mtg for work. My son is still sick but thankfully :pray: it has been a minor cold. No more fever just a runny nose. Grateful this wasnt a hospital visit. I got some cleaning done and now about to have a smoothie and a piece of avocado toast! :avocado: Hope everyone is having a good day!

39 Likes

Sounds rather lovely! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Congratulations on making it back to the 1 month milestone. You’re doing awesome!

9 Likes

Celebrating day 234

30 Likes

Checking in…
5 days sober from dope and pills.
Definitely isnt easy, still feeling like a failure.
Can not shake these flash backs of traumatic events i have endured. The flash backs are really intense too.
Happy to have 5 days clean and sober. :heart:

37 Likes

Congratulations on your 5 days off pills and dope Jessica. No, it’s not easy. And that sounds like a pretty successful 5 days. Your addict brain wants you to feel failure so it can have you back torturing yourself with old behaviors.

If I ever feel like a failure I head over to the gratitude thread and list things I’m grateful for.

Three years later, sober, and it’s my strongest tool. Stop on by if your willing. Lights are always on. Bring your own coffee.
You’re doing great!
:pray:t2::heart:

22 Likes

Evening of day 18

Learned a lot on here today

I learned that observing feelings and sitting with them can help with the suffering of a craving. Chasing the craving can lead to misery.

I got my job :slight_smile:
Tomorrow is my first day !!!
It’s a quick 3 hour day doing video trainings. I can’t wait to start the real job. I have everything I need to start.

39 Likes

Congrats on the new job @Noshame i hope you enjoy it

5 Likes

Checking in on day 426.

I have my counselling appointment today and I’m a bit nervous about it. I don’t really want to let it out, just feels to big to fix by talking. But I’m getting my butt in there because I’ve done everything but see someone haha.
Have a good day guys x

32 Likes

Lots of courage there, Alycia. I hope you find tomorrow’s appointment helpful and not stressful.

7 Likes

@megameg So great to see you hear and with the will to succeed. Glad to see you have all your tools laid out in front of you and ready to use. Wishing you the best of luck – we are here so keep checking in.
@sabrina80 what an absolute beautiful date – glad that you were able to get out and enjoy time with yourself and nature!
@girlinerrupted congrats on 3 years! Hope you were able to celebrate this achievement.
@eliza1 it’s sad to relapse but great job on getting right back on the horse. Hopefully you will be able to see what caused your slip and learn from it. You are stronger with support so please do keep checking in here – go to meetings if needed and keep at it.
@jessicaann93 Hey congrats on 5 days. This Is not an easy road but it is so worth it. The beginning is very hard and the addict brain is very strong and pushy (will spin scenarios, make you feel worthless and guilty, tell you that you can have just one…etc – this is all BULLSHIT) You are stronger without your DOC and we are here to help you. Are you also involved in any meetings or looking for a sponsor? These may be helpful - especially in the beginning. We are here as well so do keep checking in.
@alycia so glad that you are getting into your appointment tomorrow. Wish you the best of luck with it. What may seem like a mountain to an ant is just a rock to us and this can be the same for your counsellor. The good ones know how to listen and dissect the situation and where to begin chipping away so that the healing can be done properly. You are taking the first steps here so breathe easy and I do hope everything goes well for you.

Checking in on a fabulous Monday evening
159 Weed and alcohol free
574 days cigarette free
I only spent a couple hours at work and then decided that today I did not want to wallow in my pain and then I forced myself to take a shower and proceeded to have a marvelous day with my brother. (putt putt, swimming, bbq, movie)
Still in pain and my skin / symptoms are on fire but I really could care less (I feel like I’m on cloud 9 right now and I’m completely sober). I am not going to try and figure this out – just hoping to get some sleep tonight as I’m exhausted and haven’t slept for past 2 days due to the pain – tonight could be as bizarre as the day so here’s hoping :crossed_fingers: :pray: Hope everyone is doing well and having a wonderful sober day/evening - sending you much love :heart:

26 Likes

1,338 Days of Recovery

I made it to 3 years & 8 months. Watching Extinct with my 3 YO daughter on Netflix again. Such a cute movie!!!

35 Likes

Hello,

Checking in on Day 1,766 Sober.

God Bless!

31 Likes

Checking in. I finished up some consulting work this weekend for a miserable client. I hope he will go away now. I know that doesn’t sound very upbeat, but I have been trying to get him to pay me since March 1 for a very small project, and he has been nitpicking my work and asking for changes all this time. It has gotten contentious and seemed for a while like it was heading towards small claims court or mediation. So I’m glad it’s done! Stuff like this makes me so certain I have made the right decision to leave consulting and go back to work full time. Now I have only one more consulting project I need to get through.

We’ve had “May Gray” all weekend, which is fine since I haven’t been able to go out much! The twins have been in their rooms doing gaming or homework – they are true homebodies. I wish I could get them out more to do stuff. Sigh!

24 Likes

Have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. Love.

@Becsta Where are you my sober sister!? You know what day it is right? I’m sure you know. Love you. Thanks for being on this road with me. Thanks for letting me follow in your footsteps. Huge congrats on four sober years my friend. Lots of love. Big hugs. :heart: :people_hugging: :heart:

37 Likes

Are you there as well Menno? 4 years in your pocket I meen…
Google says you have 3,97 years :blush:
Kan ik de slingers al ophangen???

@Becsta congratulations for the 4 years!! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

13 Likes

One more week to go for me, friend :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

#Day 1715 :walking_woman:
Woke up early at 5 o’clock.
Seems that weaking up at this horror hour is the new normal for me :face_with_peeking_eye:
Have to work at 13.00 and decided to go for a walk before it. Going to walk to the triftshop and back. Visiting a triftshop work like a meditation for me. All those old stuff reminds me of my youth. Ordered a new pair of walking shoes yesterday in a different brand then my last few shoes. Hope it turns out well, they looked good.

Walked by this rock with a poeme on it.
Translation:

“give me the pure emptiness
the living water
the song of the sun
give me the tree above me
like nothing ever happened.”

Have a sober and clean day no matter what! :facepunch:

28 Likes

Then the garlands has to wait for a few days…:sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’ve been home a little while. Have been in bed laying down waiting for my legs to stop hurting enough to get comfortable to sleep.
I worked 12 hours no break today because my shifts were split into 3 separate shifts. 11-4, 4-8, 8-11(between multiple locations) and i wasn’t owed a break on any shift. So my body is sore.
But i am grateful for today. I am sober another day. My kids are safe. And I am slowly, but steadily moving on from my relationship. It ended hard and fast, and I believe that is what was needed…even though it was so hard. I still have hard moments, but overall it’s getting better.

I am 232 days sober.
And 149 days self harm free

Work in 9 hours but thankfully only an 8 hour shift tomorrow and I get a break.

I hope everyone had a good day! :people_hugging::heart:

28 Likes