Ideas to keep occupied

Hey guys and gals - this is my first write.
4 days not using, in the last 6 years Longest I’ve went was 6 months not using but I had a gf at the time… I moved to a place where there’s nothing really to do, I play guitar a lot and listen to music, but sometimes that just doesn’t fill my day and I get bored and in my head and very down, especially in the day time. What have you guys done in the past to keep your mind occupied and at ease

“Idle hands are the devils workshop”

2 Likes

Hi Nick and welcome to this wonderful community. You’ll find lots of support and some fun too (I’m addicted to the meme wars lol)
May I suggest you get out and take some pictures of nature? Landscapes, sunsets, flowers, architecture… I’m a keen photographer and find it really absorbing - editing after too is fun with apps like pixlr.
Keep in touch!

6 Likes

Holy crap, that photo is beautiful. I’ve never actually thought of doing that. I’m going on a 4 hour journey tomorrow I’ll try it out and I’ll post one for you. Thank you for the idea Tony

2 Likes

Hi Nick, so good to see you here, warm welcome🤗. I am currently doing a lot of sports. On the one hand to distract myself on the other hand because I want to live much healthier in all ways.
I also like to go for long walks. I go to the cinema, visit museums, exhibitions or a trade fairs. Meet friends for a coffee, etc. There is so much you can do to keep yourself occupied.
All the best for you🙋‍♀️

2 Likes

Hey Nick,

Welcome and props to you!!

Read here, talk here. Maybe write some lyrics to go with your play. Record some guitar stuff on YouTube and share it here there’s a talent topic.

Walk… It straightens your thoughts. And maybe watch the Roadmap to recovery it is about 40min. It will set you up for Succes! It’s on this forum just search it.

Have a good day and… We are here.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome us addicts suffer from a illness of discontentment. We struggle to sit alone by ourselves. Have u got a copy of the aa big book? I suggest u get a copy and read up on the illness and get some understanding of why u struggle. Once u get to understand the illness you can maybe get the help u deserve to have . X

4 Likes

Go to AA or NA meeting. I use them a lot as just a way to get me out of my house and to occupy my mind and my time. Plus I always walk away with some sort of positive message or advice to help with my recovery.

2 Likes

Hello there @no-longer-a-victim!

I do to love taking photos. Keeps me occupied at night as well. You can check out some of it at Instagram under lulu_macro.

Hang in there, try at the least. You are not alone.

Much love…

3 Likes

Had a quick peek. Your photos are lovely! :mushroom: :hibiscus:

2 Likes

Cool I’m going to check you out as well @wordswithmovr is my tag :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I work a lot, workout, draw, little woodwork from time to time, sew, practice languages on duolingo, ect. Theres a lot to do when you open yourself up to everything.

1 Like

Here’s a link to loads of my pix taken over the last 10 years on Flickr - great site for keen togs (click on the 1st pic to go to gallery)
Imgur

1 Like

Reading a lot of threads on here kept me busy for quite some time. This one is a good start…

3 Likes

This thread in particular has loads of suggestions…

3 Likes