New from Portland

Well, im samm. 32. Been drinking just a couple years. Beer only. Caused me to gain un healthy weight. I would drink first thing in the morning. Go home from work to drink. Drink at work and hide my beers. Literally drink while driving. Its a miracle I never got caught. I ended up in the hospital for pancreatitis. Was there for 5 days. Thats how I got sober. They gave me the medicine to stop my shaking. Honestly I dont even want to drink. I have a great support system. Im already saving money. Afraid to relapse for sure. Wish me luck.

6 Likes

Hi Samm welcome here! This is a great place for support on your sober journey. I hope you find it just as helpful as I do. I wish you all success lady. Luck isn’t involved IMO :wink:

Hello 420. Welcome to the forum. I’m from Oregon myself. First 25 years of my life in Eugene. It’s great you have identified this problem so early in your drinking career… hooray for a short one! Definitely listen to that pancreas as he doesn’t play. Alcohol destroys the body, and as you know one can’t live without a pancreas, a liver, or kidneys, the primary targets.

Welcome Samm! Here’s a great place to get started! There’s a lot of great info in there. This place is an incredible resource. There are people from all over the world, with all different kinds of life experience and recovery. I am glad you’re here!

Welcome samm!:pray:t2::two_hearts:

Welcome Samm! The first few weeks cutting it off is hard; your mind will want you to continue on as you were. I promise it will get easier; I’m a beer girl too and I never want to go back to relying or getting back into that at all. Life is so much better being your natural, authentic self! :hugs: