Checking in daily to maintain focus #40

Congrats on day 7! This is my day 9​:relaxed::clap:

3 Likes

Day 635 clean and sober today. Today’s my Monday/Early shift. I hope everyone has a kick ass day today, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

30 Likes

Super! Did someone already send this to you? I feel like I keep repeating myself, but this is huge for me!!!

3 Likes

No, I haven’t seen that. I’m new to the group. I decided this go around to also have another tool in my box.

3 Likes

@SoberWalker Hope your today goes as well as it can Claudia. Praying it goes smoothly.

@Mno I always look forward to ur morning pics of the world around u :slight_smile: u have such a positive attitude! And thank u for the reminder that all I can do is change me and how I react to the world around around me and for the reminder to help when and where I can… thinking of what I can do for others and what I can pack into the stream of life. Hope ur day is a good one!

@Seb Way to go on the breathework! I’ve been really tring the same thing with any sort of stressor in my life. It usually works well :slight_smile: Enjoy ur vacation! Take pics of anything cool if u can :slight_smile: Would love to see them if ur up to sharing them on here

@lotusflower Tank u for sharing SAIN! I will be adding this to my “skills box”. Where is this from? It’s a good one! I’m going to get reconnected today with yoga. I’ve been doing meditation but there’s something about yoga and using ur body that makes it incredible!

@DTC52 Way to go on double digits!! Woo hoo!!! I’m exactly like u and need stability and structure and routine. And same with the emotions haha what a rollercoaster eh? Proud of u for ur 10 days! Onward and up from here ODAAT!

@deezlebub Way to go on 1 week!! Proud of you :smiley:

@Charlie_C its soo funny u mentioned that about wondering if it’s a “human thing” lmao Literally I ask myself this like once a day :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. I don’t even know I’d what’s going on is “normal” or not, or if it’s a “human thing” (as u put it lol). Either way, it is what is it and we are experiencing what we experiencing. Proud of you Charlie for your 480 days sober! Keep at it my friend!

@kat261 Absolutely :100: I count days too cuz ur right Every. Single. Day we don’t give into our addictions is HUGE! I’m so excited for your 1 year already since u mentioned it! Hoping to be aprox at 6 months for myself when u hit ur 1 year (Aug 16 I think is 6 months for me). We got this girl! Have a great day at work :slight_smile:

@jmillwill Congratulations on ur day 3! I love this saying :smiley: thank u for sharing it! I’m the same also, every relapse has been a learning experience. Sounds like ur really learning from ur slips and changing things up! You’ll get there :slight_smile: ODAAT

11 Likes

Hey welcome, here is a link with a ton of useful threads that have LOTS of info. Glad youre here with us.

9 Likes

Morning check in
DAY23
Woke up today with no crazy dreams. It’s a nice way to wake up lol Currently listening to a mantra song on repeat lol Har Mukanday… its a mantra that is used to free the self from what is holding you back, overcome obstacles, and move forward. It’s an incredible song thats on the Insight Timer.
I have things to do today but it’s all indoors and I can plan my day without being overly stressed.
Things I need to change: Connecting to my HP 1st thing (instead of waiting until 2pm to do it. Cuz God gives me the defense, armor, and strength that I need against using drugs… plus I also feel like it’s a respect thing. God gives me so much. God has guided me to 23 days clean, which is nothing short of a miracle for me. The least I can do is give God the time in the mornings to connect and build our relationship). I need exercise to create more balance in life… this area is lacking. And I need more breathework and meditation :woman_in_lotus_position:
Hope u are all well! Grateful for u all :purple_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

18 Likes

@Butterflymoonwoman thanks so much! I know you can do 6 months lady I believe in you! One day at a time and keep posting as often as you need to!

4 Likes

Checking in on day sobriety 305. For those following my journey, I got a call back after yesterday’s final interview round with an offer that ensures 16 days after I retire from the Army I will have a salaried role with full benefits that EXCEEDS my current total compensation in the military. There is no way I would have been able to navigate my way into this role when I was in active alcoholism. Stay the course friends. It’s a great day to be above ground and sober.

27 Likes

Day 146 hey everyone called about treadmill and they said next week like wtf man idk I geuss its out of my control, maybe god is waiting for me to be in better spirits so I’ll be excited about it lol.Girls are home so will figure something out with them i was a idiot and bought pre workout yesterday so I went four days again. And I noticed before the pre workout my mood was getting better from being off it, but bc my mood pics up my brain gets excited and instantly thinks about carrying the fun on and said well ur treadmill is supposed to come today you’ll need it to run. So I went got it, instantly abused it, instants heart burn twitchy and jittery feeling loss of focus and anxiety went threw the roof. My body hates it and then I notice I start getting crazy sexual thoughts off it and instantly want to start finding ways to release so I’ll almost start searching for girls to message and try to hook up, but I’m at least able to catch myself bc I know it’s wrong and dumb and piggish. I hate even admitting that I have those thoughts. But it’s all obviously stuff I need to work on well I got it out and will continue to be the best I can. I feel very unattractive lately I won’t even take selfies anymore… when I got sober last year I was so photogenic and happy. Not sure where the spark and love for myself went

17 Likes

Amazing news, congratulations! So inspiring.

2 Likes

Today I was reminded not to sweat the small stuff. I was having a crazy busy morning and getting ready to teach three classes back to back without a break and hadn’t gotten anything prepared or even eaten yet and I was feeling really stressed but I was trying to keep it together. Wednesday morning 9:00 a.m. is my smallest class and as I opened the meeting I realized it was 9:01 and no one was there, 9:05 no one was there 9:10, no one was there. I checked in with everyone… Someone was skiing someone ,was coming back from Hawaii, someone was flying to LA, someone hired a new housekeeper and had to show them around… like seriously nobody showed up! I’m so glad I didn’t let myself get more stressed for no reason at all, because now I have time for myself until my 10:00 class and I can’t believe things work out this way.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

12 Likes

Sometimes things happen to us to teach us something or show us we need a break lol glad u got some down time to take care of you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Jmillwill Welcome to the forum. I hope this will be a useful tool for you to stay on the path. I know you can do this.
@anon53116147 I’ve missed a lot about what’s going on with getting the treadmill to you, but with the shortage in both parts, labor, shipping personnel, etc., it’s getting harder and harder to get items in time or sometimes to get them at all. I’m really sorry it hasn’t gotten to you yet but I’ll cross my fingers for you that it will be soon.
@Dansig So glad to hear about the job offer! Way to go!
@Butterflymoonwoman I love Insght Timer. I’ve tried a lot of meditation apps, even testing out paid ones or paid options, and I think Insight Timer is the best and easiest to use. You’re doing so well! I’m excited to see your number hit 30!
@Deelzebub Great job on hitting 7 days! The first week can be so hard sometimes.

6 Likes

Hello. I am very sorry you are feeling that way. I do not know what to actually say that may help you.
But you said you did therapy, try to talk to them how you are feeling.
You should try exercising for a while and see if that changes anything.
I had overcome depression and from really low self esteem back in 2019. And what helped me that time was meditation and exercise. And it took me nearly 2-3 months to heal.

Give meditation a go and try to accept all that you are experiencing. I watch a guy called Personal Mastery Quest on youtube. He has great content on how to let go or deal with difficult situations.

And remember that there is a way out. Do not give up.

3 Likes

Hey guys. Just checking in day 44.
Have a nice day. Peace.

18 Likes

Checking in on day 5 :muscle:
I was sober for some years, drank a little amount on one damn day and my body remembers it. Strongly.
I had like 10 minutes today when I wanted to have a beer. Pushed through. But today is a not so easy day. Dark thoughts bc we had bad vibes at work and I listened to the news too long.
But now I’m safe, on my couch, watching Supernatural.
It will all be good.
:heart:

28 Likes

@Dansig huge congrats and I know how you feel I am working now and no way could I do that while using. Awesome transition!

2 Likes

@anon42928441 17 days :heart: can’t believe I’ve made it this far. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

Way to go Sabrina!!!

2 Likes